Straight-Piped '85 Regal, will a tip make the exhaust sound better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugnificent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2017
My Regal's straight Piped no mufflers or catalytic converter and it sounds really unrefined, almost like a diesel pickup. Will adding a magnaflow or flowmaster tip make the exhaust sound a lot better?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
What motor? Single pipe or duals? Pipe diameter? Not enough information to make any sound judgements, here.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
What motor? Single pipe or duals? Pipe diameter? Not enough information to make any sound judgements, here.
Yes, there is. The only acceptable "straight pipes" are Zoomies or collector extensions, neither which will a "tip" help sound.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
These guys are rite,a muffler definitely adds some character to the exhaust note.if you're concerned about it becoming quieter there's some loud-assed "mufflers" out there.i remember back in the day,they did sell tips with resonators in them.it was like a small glass pack(ugh)if you're sticking to just putting a tip on find one of those.honestly i haven't seen them in years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor