Strange Center Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Trying to find a match for the center console that cmac992000 posted I came across this really strange looking one from a 1963 Chrysler Turbine Car that never went into production.
2900387190_74028095e8.jpg

2899540933_32e266f9f7.jpg

2885986280_6e0915f210.jpg

Last edited:

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
That would be a hard one to find....
Guy

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Jay Leno owns one and here's one at a show that the owner takes for a little spin. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Despite getting terrible mileage, I read that those things could run on any combustible liquid, anything from Chanel No. 5, to Kerosene, to lighter fluid

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Despite getting terrible mileage, I read that those things could run on any combustible liquid, anything from Chanel No. 5, to Kerosene, to lighter fluid
the down side is the bottle of jack would probably run out before you made it around the block and got home with your other bottle of jack.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
The turbine cars were badass, you'd never see a manufacturer try something so bold these days.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
The turbine cars were badass, you'd never see a manufacturer try something so bold these days.

Maybe if you don't count Tesla Motors when you consider automotive manufacturers.

Nov 4, 2012
Maybe if you don't count Tesla Motors when you consider automotive manufacturers.

I'm talking well-established manufacturers. GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc. Tesla is cool, but they are still relatively new, and they only have 3 models. Plus, electric cars aren't a new concept. Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, Kia Soul EV, Chevy Spark EV, VW E-Golf, and BMW i3 all came out around the same time, and while they aren't as sporty as the Tesla, Electric Vehicles were not an original idea from Tesla. But Jet Powered cars from Chrysler in the 1960s? No one was even thinking about doing that.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I'm talking well-established manufacturers. GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc. Tesla is cool, but they are still relatively new, and they only have 3 models. Plus, electric cars aren't a new concept. Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, Kia Soul EV, Chevy Spark EV, VW E-Golf, and BMW i3 all came out around the same time, and while they aren't as sporty as the Tesla, Electric Vehicles were not an original idea from Tesla. But Jet Powered cars from Chrysler in the 1960s? No one was even thinking about doing that.

I knew what you meant haha I was just giving you sh*t. I will say that although Tesla did not invent the idea of an electric vehicle, it is pretty revolutionary that they are building their whole company around electric vehicles. They also aren't just more sporty, they hands down make the best electric vehicles currently on the market. They may be pricey, but their goal is to eventually provide more affordable models like the 3 when charging infrastructure is more mature.

I apologise for derailing the thread. Let's see some more interesting consoles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor