STUPID HEADERS, MANIFOLDS, ETC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Ls engines really like long tube headers best, so I'd really try to go that route. As you've probably read on ls1 tech.com, plenty have modified f-body headers, some of them being f-body speed engineering units.

Started making my own special headers years ago & never finished partly due to difficulty along with lack of time & other good life excuses, But I'm sure you're not considering that anyways.
G-bodies just aren't the most consistant or symmetrical vehicles ever built along with all the slightly different ways to fit an ls, so expect experiences to vary.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Ls engines really like long tube headers best, so I'd really try to go that route. As you've probably read on ls1 tech.com, plenty have modified f-body headers, some of them being f-body speed engineering units.

Started making my own special headers years ago & never finished partly due to difficulty along with lack of time & other good life excuses, But I'm sure you're not considering that anyways.
G-bodies just aren't the most consistant or symmetrical vehicles ever built along with all the slightly different ways to fit an ls, so expect experiences to vary.
Agreed, the only long tubes that remotely look to fit my setup are the Speed Engineering ones in pic below. For the price they are hard to beat, and they are test fit with 1" setback mounts in an A body. A member here had their mid length headers spec'd for an ELCO, and they still hit the firewall which worries me with the long tubes being more robust.
Screenshot_20190308-114239.png

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Cheapest thing to do is go on craigslist or FB Marketplace.. I don't know about around ya'll, but there are at least 4 sets of headers/pipes/mullfers/tailpipes on My CL/FB MP for around $200 for the whole shootin match.

Used? Yep. Cheap? Yep. Already been on a G-Body... and you said it wasn't a permanent thing anyway.

I got a set of Hedman Headers, pipes, Flowmaster 40 Series, tailpipes.. everything... from a guy that went BBC 468 in his G-Body. $200.

-Gonz

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Cheapest thing to do is go on craigslist or FB Marketplace.. I don't know about around ya'll, but there are at least 4 sets of headers/pipes/mullfers/tailpipes on My CL/FB MP for around $200 for the whole shootin match.

Used? Yep. Cheap? Yep. Already been on a G-Body... and you said it wasn't a permanent thing anyway.

I got a set of Hedman Headers, pipes, Flowmaster 40 Series, tailpipes.. everything... from a guy that went BBC 468 in his G-Body. $200.

-Gonz
I've been looking, but not seeing anything yet for LS swaps.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Ahh... Missed the LS already being in there, I thought these were temp because the LS Swap hadn't been done yet.

All I got around me are Manifolds.. .$30-$40. Which, honestly, kinda remin me of headers, really...

-Gonz

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Holley has some cast ones. They remind me a lot of Camaro style, but they're a tad bit more than your budget at 332.00. Nice pieces though. These likely would work well on a G-swap. Just sayin'. Dunno though.
8502-hkr_01.jpg

https://www.holley.com/products/ls_...swap_components/exhaust_systems/parts/8502HKR
Yeah, they are real proud of those though! I found some Hedman's, but as with Holley one must use their "kit system" for the headers to clear.
Also, Summit must've reverse engineered the Holley units because they have these with ceramic coating for the same price as the speed Engineering long tubes I posted earlier. It's between these two as of now....
Screenshot_20190417-165134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well, I ended up ordering the Speed Engineering long tubes considering they're only $270 shipped for stainless tubes. Hard to justify the cast iron manifolds that cost the same. I'll follow up on fitment once I get to mock them up.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor