STUPID HEADERS, MANIFOLDS, ETC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowdollarbuild

Apprentice
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
I'm in the same boat. Tried some stainless S-10 swap shorties (ebay), outlets positioned well, passenger tubes covered the spark plugs. Was going to send them back but USPS wanted $68 cost of headers was around $110 sold for $100. Trying cast manifolds (el cheapo) 1 issue on passenger side, really close to rear lower control arm bracket, hopeful that my exhaust guy can clear that bracket. 6.0 4l80 swap using adapter plates for clamshell mounts & of course had to loosen mounts on crossmember for the clamshells would line up.Truck manifolds, flanges are turned, so they hit the frame.C5 manifolds don't work, won't clear crossmember. Incomplete,one bug at a time.

Lowdollarbuild

Apprentice
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I re-read the original post and it didn't say anything about the ls swap, but yeah after a few more replies I figured it out.

I just grabbed my old 78 monte Carlo I've been storing at my parents house for about 10 years.... After about 4 weeks it was completely stripped - so nothing to reference, I didn't realize center dumps didn't fit -- mine still had the original cast iron manifolds

Lowdollarbuild

Apprentice
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
I re-read the original post and it didn't say anything about the ls swap, but yeah after a few more replies I figured it out.

I just grabbed my old 78 monte Carlo I've been storing at my parents house for about 10 years.... After about 4 weeks it was completely stripped - so nothing to reference, I didn't realize center dumps didn't fit -- mine still had the original cast iron

Lowdollarbuild

Apprentice
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
Bought some great ceramic coated from Jegs 10 yrs + ago,for SBC, brand Dynamax? Didn't hang low,no massaging,3/8 flanges under $400 haven't seen that brand in a while.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Bought some great ceramic coated from Jegs 10 yrs + ago,for SBC, brand Dynamax? Didn't hang low,no massaging,3/8 flanges under $400 haven't seen that brand in a while.
Those were good headers. I had hedman and hooker on my sbc and both performed well. The hookers took some dinging to clear.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the speed Engineering units....there are some good reviews.

Reactions: 1 user

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Moot point here since he is LS swapped- but I've always loved the "ram horns" that have the kickback bend in the casting. They clear everything and are tight to the block. For us old-school SBC guys...
P.S. even the center dump are good but you need the front-most exhaust pipes custom bent.

Charlyhtx

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2018
I also used stock truck manifold on passenger side and 02 camaro header on driver side

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Ooops, the last few days have sorta slipped by and I forgot to update my findings. I received the Speed Engineering headers on Wed and promptly bolted them on. Overall, they fit really well and will only need minor clearancing in a couple spots. The stock truck plug wires WILL NOT work, but I haven't ordered proper ones yet.
Also, I installed my G force X member and the pipes should line up perfectly with it. I would recommend these for a G body and 1" setback mounts like I have....if mounts pulled the engine a 1/2" further forward they would still be ok.
20190425_183832.jpg
20190425_183900.jpg
20190425_182806.jpg

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
Why didn't you use pacesetter item number 70-2256 for 98-02 camaro? There cheap and seen a few gbody ls swap guys use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor