stupid movie car scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I noticed that with Transformers too. My other favorite is out of place vehicles. Almost any movie has them. In the movie "Friday Night Lights" which takes place in the mid '80's there is a Dodge Durango, and a '96 Ford Explorer. Why doesn't anyone catch that stuff?

Another one is hub caps. In Bullet, the origional Gone in 60 Seconds, and other older chase scenes if you count they loose a hub cap for every corner. It gets pretty rediculous after awhile.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
If you watch Live Free or Die Hard towrds the end there is a scene where he is driving a tractor trailer with a jet firing missles and shooting at it several times... quite a few hits to the engine bay as well. How the hell did the truck continue moving?!?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Another one is hub caps. In Bullet, the origional Gone in 60 Seconds, and other older chase scenes if you count they loose a hub cap for every corner. It gets pretty rediculous after awhile.

i love that! we used to use that as a game. how many caps does the car have? it's like movie shootouts, a colt 1911 based pistol holds about 7 rounds. but tey fire about 30 in 5 seconds! or the fact that they can hit a squirrel in the left nut at 100yards with a .38 special :roll:

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Re: I got one

Stoopud said:
P.S. How about when they have cars that are not period correct. Watch Dazed and Confused. It does a pretty good job with the cars but in the payground scene with the girls there is a Trans Am with IROC wheels that were not released for 7 years

Haha i did notice that. Overall though they did a good job. Ill give the wheels a pass.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Thought of another one

Anybody remember the 1st (and best) Highlander Movie -

The bad guy tears the roof open on an old green car with an old couple in it then speeds down the street with the old woman on the hood. In the alley the car is a light green convertible chevelle rigged up to look like a hard top, when they leave the alley the car is an old aspen or dart with a pealed back vinyl top. Its old so I forgot about it, but it is one of the worste car scenes of all times.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I always laugh at NASCAR movies that they are constantly shifting. Talladega Nights, and Days of Thunder. They are always down shifting... Esp. on a restrictor plate race you never let out of the throttle, let alone up shift and downshift. I just thought it was a little bit ridiculous.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
for one that's suposed to be stupid, the naked gun movies intros. either where nielson drives through rome and the old west, or the ones where they follow the police bubble everywhere. the roller coaster, the delivery room...

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
another incorrect one: the end of joe dirt the woman says kid rocks T/A has a "slant six" too bad that's a mopar motor. plus even though i didn't get a good look at the car, judging by the vents and some other stuff the T/A has the 6.6l 400ci motor.

monstermouse84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
blue streak

in blue streak the first scene when martin lawrence decides to take over driving, it cuts to a scene where hes jumpin the crown vic off some part of a bridge, but when it goes to luke wilsons reaction you can see the bridge guardrail going by behind him.

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
My favorite was one of the Toby Halicki (Gone in 60 Seconds) movies where the old granny's Chevy Citation was T-Boned and sliced almost perfectly in half as if done with a knife, and she kept on driving it for a few hundred feet as if nothing happened. Oh well, at least Toby had the spirit, he was killed during the filming of one of his (almost LOL) believable stunts. :friday:

-UT-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor