Stupid ricer kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents had a 3500 Sierra tow truck with a 454. It had a 14 bolt posi with 4.56 gears I believe. My step dad had put duals, and a K&N filter kit on it, and that's all the mods it had. None the less it would beat most cars on the road in a short stop light drag. And I've seen my brothers F250 diesel with a long list of banks and bully dog parts embarrass many a Mustang older Camaro's and ricers. So I know not to assume that trucks will be slow if they try to race me. :lol:

kornball426 said:
My parents had a 3500 Sierra tow truck with a 454. It had a 14 bolt posi with 4.56 gears I believe. My step dad had put duals, and a K&N filter kit on it, and that's all the mods it had. None the less it would beat most cars on the road in a short stop light drag. And I've seen my brothers F250 diesel with a long list of banks and bully dog parts embarrass many a Mustang older Camaro's and ricers. So I know not to assume that trucks will be slow if they try to race me. :lol:

Diesels can be crazy fast! I always love it when hoped up ones gun it and it just starts screaming with black smock billowing out.

If I made the kind of money he does I'd buy one too... He gets like 24 mpg, has 4 wheel drive, and will beat most anything he comes across should the need arise.

And yeah the smoke is really fun... Especially in traffic if you get up next to someone who's acting like a jerk on the highway, and you puff a big old cloud right in their window. Or if you're just a bad mood and see a ricer you'd like to, or needs to be, put in its place then leave it in a big black cloud. :lol:

95% of diesel trucks are sloooow, especially on the highway. I've yet to see one that's set up for speed around here, but the owners still think they're fast for some reason :roll:

I'd have to disagree with you there, have you ever driven a modern diesel truck? Diesel is all about the highway... That's where they really shine. Sure they can pull like crazy from a stop, but they're really great on the highway.

kornball426 said:
I'd have to disagree with you there, have you ever driven a modern diesel truck? Diesel is all about the highway... That's where they really shine. Sure they can pull like crazy from a stop, but they're really great on the highway.

I haven't driven one. But my neighbor bought a brand new ford super duty turbo diesel last year. He bought a chip and exhaust and kept talking sh*t to me how he would walk my v6 silverado. So we raced from 50 mph and it wasn't even a contest at all. Older ones are even worse.

Diesels are for power unless they've been set up for speed. Which requires a lot of work and is verrry rare around where I live. That's just how it is. I really don't care if a rig has 800 ft/lbs torque if it can't move. Those things need at least 1200 ft/lbs to be just as fast as a stock 4th gen f-body with a few mods. I'll pass thank you.

My buddy has a '06 Dodge Ram 2500, with a 675hp, 1300 ft/lbs torque cummins. He runs a 13.56 on the 1/4th mile. I think that's pretty bad *ss for a 8000 lb truck! Plus its daily driven, lifted and 4x4.

STL84Calais said:
My buddy has a '06 Dodge Ram 2500, with a 675hp, 1300 ft/lbs torque cummins. He runs a 13.56 on the 1/4th mile. I think that's pretty bad *ss for a 8000 lb truck! Plus its daily driven, lifted and 4x4.

I also think it's badass.... but it should be used for what it's built for. Unless you go all out with the build, they're not that fast. Like I said before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor