Stupid ricer kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbuf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2009
Jacksonville, Fl.
O.K., After reading some of the other posts here, I thought I'd share this for kicks. It was about two years ago, my wife and I were headed over to a local cruise. Rolling about forty down Beach, along comes this "tuned" Civic turbo. Now keep in mind that my Monte is in no way considered a sleeper, and anyone with common sense would know that this Civic was seriously out gunned. Two carbs on a GMC 4-71 through the hood, and 285/40-17's under the rear should've been a clue, but as I titled this post "stupid ricer kid!" This kid comes up and rev's the sewing machine so the blowoff valve pukes, and accelerates wildly in traffic, trying to impress me with his awesome display. I did my best to ignore him, while at the same time, smiling and waving at the young lady in his passenger seat. This really only served to antagonize him even more. He made a move to the outside lane and downshifted to really spool up the turbo, and as he did , I eased over into the turn lane for the expressway onramp! I'm thinking, "what an idiot" as I'm about to head off away from him, but Noooo... he darts across three lanes of traffic to make the onramp behind me. At this point, I'm thinking that although I don't condone street racing, this guy really needs a lesson in humility! So I get onto 9A at a leisurely 45 mph, in fifth gear cruise (5-speed manual) and wait patiently. I didn't have to wait long, and I could se the ear to ear grin as this kid downshifted. I eased into the throttle and woke up about 600 lbs/ft of torque and topped 110 mph in half a heartbeat. After I'd slowed to a more reasonable (and legal) pace, and what seemed like thirty to forty seconds later here go little Civic dude with the patented "ricer fly-by"! I'm certain he went back to tell all his buddies how he raced the blown Monte Carlo, and passed him on the "top-end"!!! Yeah, after I'd slowed to make my off-ramp exit. But, that is the way ricer mentallity works, and in that respect we'll never be able to beat them in thier world!

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Hahaha. He is going to go tell his buddies that his vtec kicked in and he flew past you :lol:

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
lol, Id still watch out, civics arent usually the scary ones, but the srt-4's might give you a run for your money when they arent stock.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I get those stories a lot, even 4 wheel trucks try to race me,,,WTF! just because they put a loud muffler on a stock motor they think they got an instant race car! I don't get it! To all those 4 cylinder ricers out there,,, your exhaust systems are annoying!!,, your cars are ugly,, It's a non American car so you support Japan and you have half the motor than i,,, DON'T EVEN TRY!!! To all those truck drivers out there,,,, your truck has big tires, it weighs more than a car, you can't corner for sh** and you have a smaller motor than me, DO THE MATH! Everybody thinks they got a race car just because they put on a muffler???

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
kinda reminds me of last weekend in the wife's mustang... ricer in a civic is playing Mario Anderetti through traffic in I-40/85, comes by me then slows down/speeds up in front of me... now the wife is severly against racing/showboating, but this guy was starting to annoy even her...
it really suprised me when she told me to teach the guy a lesson!(she's definatley a keeper!). so I hit the gas and left the guy behind me, and took him at least a mile to catch back up... took a few safe lane changes and left him behind again... slowed back down and he did the same "fly-by"... some ricers never learn....

did I mention the wife's 'stang is only a stock 6 cylinder??? :p :twisted:

nice rice kill 455! 8)

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
I get the same thing all the time too. Doesn't matter what their driving, rice, truck, sh!tbox, etc. Its annoying but I just ignore them.

My elky looks quick and sounds quick with the flowmasters and with a slightly worked 350 its got plenty of "GO" but why should I beat on it or get a ticket?

I work with this guy that drives his mother-in-laws camry. We go down the same parkway every morning. Speed limit is 35 MPH and there are cops hidden up on the grass behind rocks at various locations. Every time I see him he tries to race me! Then at work teases me for not racing him. I tell him all the time, who do think the cops will stop first? My elky or that non descript POS you're driving?

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
HAHAhahahahahaaahahaaaa :lol:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
ricers; cant live with em' and they cant pee standing up. i had something like that happen to me back when i had a 97 v6 mustang convertable. it was completely stock and ive tryed racing it and failed. so i just drove it "spiritedly". well one saturday i was driving down the road and some kid had his moms 90's toyota corolla and though he was the poop. and was messing with me like dropping the cluch while revving it and crazy weaving. i just laughed and pointed and i guess that made him mad. so at the next red light hes sitting there reving the crud outa the lil engine and then slammed off the clutch or nutral dropped it and sped off. well i just drove the stang normal and i saw a cop that was hiding behind a store sign pop out and pull him over. see what happens when yer stupid, ya gotta get put in yer place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor