Sugar in the tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-83MONTESS- said:
I have a feeling of who it is. The same kids that let my grampas goats out into the road and the same ones that TP peoples lawns. Its hard to believe that the group im thinkin of is in high school now! They might need new tires before too long!

That would be great for payback, but they could always do other sh*t to your car. I would get a locking cap for my tank and keep an eye out for those punks. Maybe a guard dog would prevent future shenanigans.

My guard dog is a little chihuahua named Brutus and a dopey lab. I think it will be enough pay back for him to see me driving by in the car that he "destroyed" but il get even.

-83MONTESS- said:
My guard dog is a little chihuahua named Brutus and a dopey lab. I think it will be enough pay back for him to see me driving by in the car that he "destroyed" but il get even.

That's why I love my Pit! She lets me know when someone is walking down the sidewalk. Contrary to the Pit controversy, she is a great, lovable dog.

downsize-16.jpg

You are REALLY ****ing lucky, i wasn't. Go look at my pictures, those BURNT VALVES are from sugar in the tank. Numerous other ****ed parts and lots of money spent on correcting that ****ing problem, i get alittle pissed off even thinking about it, and it was 2 years ago now.

CamaroAdam73 said:
You are REALLY ****ing lucky, i wasn't. Go look at my pictures, those BURNT VALVES are from sugar in the tank. Numerous other ****ed parts and lots of money spent on correcting that ****ing problem, i get alittle pissed off even thinking about it, and it was 2 years ago now.
I agree with Adam here..........For this time I disagree with Snopes....My sister had her gas tank in her caddy years ago and after that we were replacing the motor....

Just remove all 4 valves in the valvestems (reinstall the caps for max confusion).
Since no actual loss/damage happens, it is less "criminal" or so I have heard. :wink:

Fuel cell in the trunk helps too. I have a fuel neck from the junk yard put in the old spot so it looks normal stuff will just fall out on the ground if it get put in the the neck. Really put on that way put pass the emission test ( 2 birds 1 stone ).

Glad you caught it in time. If it was bleach you might not have been so lucky. I wasn't. Ran the new crate motor on a bleach-sabotaged tank and it ****ed me over for a year or so. Had to get new injectors ($800), new fuel pump $500 + shipping and duties, flush new gas tank, and a year's worth of bullshit trying to figure out what happenned. On had the car on the road for 2 days last summer. Waiting for spring to ride at last.

locking gas caps are good cheap insurance, that is for sure. mine was like 20 or 30 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor