suicide doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuicidedRegal said:
Yes it is possible. Full 90 degrees. Made my own hinges. :mrgreen:
1117091022a1.jpg

that is sick as hell

nicknewbie said:
Wonder how hard it would be to do the rear doors on a 4 door?

x2

unless you have had the suicide door with the hinges and front latch you fabricated crash tested and certified I wouldn't be selling any...

pontiacgp said:
unless you have had the suicide door with the hinges and front latch you fabricated crash tested and certified I wouldn't be selling any...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Wait, are you being serious?

yes I was being serious....why would you think that was funny. If the car gets t-boned and the hinges fail causing death or injury who do think they'll be going after?

pontiacgp said:
yes I was being serious....why would you think that was funny. If the car gets t-boned and the hinges fail causing death or injury who do think they'll be going after?

Because i don't understand how a hinge is going to cause that kind of a lack of structural intergrity. The stock hinges and hinge pins are relatively small compared to what the brackets for a cutom bracket is going to be. There are tons of companies and cars with modified and aftermarket body components and i highly doubt they've done crash testing on all vehicles the parts are made for and had things federally approved. Simply sell things for Off road/show use only.

cashmoneyspeed said:
pontiacgp said:

Because i don't understand how a hinge is going to cause that kind of a lack of structural intergrity. The stock hinges and hinge pins are relatively small compared to what the brackets for a cutom bracket is going to be. There are tons of companies and cars with modified and aftermarket body components and i highly doubt they've done crash testing on all vehicles the parts are made for and had things federally approved. Simply sell things for Off road/show use only.

have you looked at the reputable companies selling suicide and lambo door conversions? I'm not saying don't sell them but just be aware of the what the downside could be and go get insurance. The hinge and latch are structural parts of the car so those parts need to be tested. Who would have thought someone spilling hot coffee on themselves while driving the could sue the seller of that 49 cent coffee and actually win $640,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor