Summitracing VS jegs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for everyone's info we have come to the conclusion that summit aluminum heads are the brodix ik series and the cast iron ones are dart iron eagles

mebe007 said:
Just for everyone's info we have come to the conclusion that summit aluminum heads are the brodix ik series and the cast iron ones are dart iron eagles
Hmm thats rather interesting and good to know. I just assumed they were trick flow because summit owned trick flow.

mebe007 said:
x2---A summit tech told me a few years ago that their aluminum heads were made by Brodix..Their crossmembers are G-Force,,and their ring/pinion gears are actually Richmond gears..they have the richmond logo on them as well....Both Jegs and Summit are great as far as I'm concerned..I order from both and I have noticed that I DO get my orders quicker from Jegs though.....But with prices, you pay for what you get

I've had Jegs say free shipping, then charge a handling fee the same price as Summits shipping. :wtf:
Summit seems more upfront to me, and their catalog/ web site is easier to use.

Summit mainly. Im an hour away and I just drive up there when I need something, especially since I am very impatient when waiting on parts.

cullencombs said:
13bravo said:
I go local when I can.

I hate local. All we have are big name stores with young punks behind the counter.

yeah I should have made it clear I don't go to the big box stores if I don't have to. Still plenty of smaller race shops that deal with places like Keystone and other like places around here.

I once needed a timing cover gasket for a SBC that I called and gave the Felpro number to the person behind the counter, and they said that particular nyumber didn't cross to what they had. So they proceeded to ask me what Year, Make, Model, and did it have air conditioning. Well I had to flub up yr/mk and model as the application was actually a 400 small block in a 1967 Corvette, and when I went to pick up said gasket; it was exactly the part number I gave the idiot in the first place.

I also once needed some 1 5/8 flat disc freeze plugs and called ahead, and they said yep we've got them, and I go to pick them up, and they are 1 5/8 cup plug freeze plugs. That was for a 1956 315 D50 Hemi which wasn't in the computer.

efigp83 said:
i give all of my business to summit. Their tech advise is better and jegs really pissed me off once when i ordered a gear set with bearings, did not see it for 4 weeks, called them, they said it was on back order but never notified me. So i cancelled and ordered from summit. Summit will price match everything at Jeg's.
x2 on the tech advice service and price match. They know their sh*t and they get all my business. In the last 2 years I have over $3000 in Summit receipts and my dad orders something every other day it seems and we havent had a single problem yet. Plus they have FREE shipping now!

*shipping* is free, they just charge for *handling*, instead, which is still usually cheaper....$4.95 and up, depending on how much your order is, IIRC. Not complaining, just saying. I'd rather pay what they charge for handling, but just call it shipping...😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor