Sup new guy here could use some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
welcome fast lane!
x3 on the www.gbodyparts.com , brian is a great guy, and runs a great company to deal with. He and Toby are leading the way with a ton of new stuff for our cars!

Mr. 81 said:
81Regal said:
Main differences between the 81-83 and 84-87 is the header panel/grill, taillights and dash/gauge cluster.
Best place to find parts is right here on this site in the For Sale/Wanted section.
Really? Are the differences just cosmetic or will the parts actually not fit? I've never really seen the difference.
the grille and headlight bezels won't interchange between the 81-83 and the 84-87, I've heard the front bumper fillers as well, but can't verify that at the moment. like 81regal said, the gauges will need slight modification to work, but nearly everything else on them will interchange

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The bumper fillers for the front are different also. When I changed the fillers on my 81 I bought a set claiming to fit 81-87, they didn't, so I ended up buying a new set from GM before they were discoed.

Fast lane

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2013
Terre haute Indiana
Thank ya an good deal ive had a hell of a time finding exterior parts till u guys told me bout that site l was about to give up lol

Mr. 81

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2013
Downey, CA
81Regal said:
The grill won't change between 81-83 and 84-87 without changing out the header panel. The taillights will swap to any year 81-87 and the gauges won't swap between the 2 styles without changing the plastic carrier behind the gauges.
Explained! finally. I'd been considering those bumper fillers advertised for '84-'87, I thought it was just a typo or something. They seem to be cheaper for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor