SUPER Complicated problem! Need Master Mechanic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Wait a second, which Holley regulator are you using?

this is the one he is using...

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...regulators/carbureted_regulators/parts/12-841

12-841.jpg

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Thinking about it we should never see that big of a drop if the volume supplied is as much as that pump can do and really we should have an over pressure problem. I'm sure like most it has a rating for 12v and 13.5v but would flow less with less voltage, still it should be enough. Question I have is you say it is breaking up when you put your foot in it but at idle when is loses pressure are you able to keep the fuel bowls filled? At this point I'd be tempted to throw a mechanical pump on sans regulator and run it, then add in the regulator to see if that may be the problem, it should draw through the Aeromotive fine for this. This under pressure problem means you would really be bypassing too much, the opposite of what we should see with the gph on that pump.

RGBody87

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2018
If I ever put a pump in the tank first thing I do is make an access door in the floor of my trunk......
I'm not going to lie... I never thought of that. And I'm surprised I haven't thought of it because I am hacking the rest of the car apart once I get it running right anyway. Great idea.

RGBody87

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2018
Thinking about it we should never see that big of a drop if the volume supplied is as much as that pump can do and really we should have an over pressure problem. I'm sure like most it has a rating for 12v and 13.5v but would flow less with less voltage, still it should be enough. Question I have is you say it is breaking up when you put your foot in it but at idle when is loses pressure are you able to keep the fuel bowls filled? At this point I'd be tempted to throw a mechanical pump on sans regulator and run it, then add in the regulator to see if that may be the problem, it should draw through the Aeromotive fine for this. This under pressure problem means you would really be bypassing too much, the opposite of what we should see with the gph on that pump.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. When I thought that I fixed the problem I was letting the car run and when I saw it drop low I adjusted the pressure screw and it jumped right back up to 4.5 lbs of pressure no problem and stayed like that for the next 5 minutes while I let it run. When I went to start it the next day it was pushing 11 lbs of pressure on a cold start.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Pansy! It's much more fun to drop a full tank!

see that!!!!!! I'm not the only Pansy in this world.......:rofl:

I'm not going to lie... I never thought of that. And I'm surprised I haven't thought of it because I am hacking the rest of the car apart once I get it running right anyway. Great idea.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor