Supercharged 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

What is that from, a '63 Studebaker?

I wonder if the ashtray full of cigarette but is included with the buy-it-now price?

At least this guy admits it's "vintage".

Paxtons are cheap because they aren't good. I learned that in the late 1970's and they haven't changed them much to make them better since then.

My favorite "Paxton guy" was wanting to run mile events but didn't have a cage in his car (he just had a jinky single hoop bar), so they wouldn't let him and he could only run the 1/2 mile. He was convinced he could run "over 150" in the standing mile, if they would only let him. I asked him what he ran in the 1/2 mile?

"110 mph" he said. I told him he'd be very lucky to run 120 in the mile and that physics didn't support his theories of acceleration.

Paxton people. You got to love them.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
So basically your pic proved nothing.

Kind of like posting 3 Links to Paxton superchargers on E-bay. Any $200 Chinese turbo anywhere close to the right size will make more power than EVERY $1000 Paxton Supercharger on E-bay. A smoky 150K mille Stock GN Turbo will make more power than EVERY $1000 Paxton supercharger on Ebay.

You like superchargers and have never owned a fast Turbo. I get it. You might need to expand your horizons a little.

Move along.

Good idea.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
The links were random cscs $1000 and under. And I had a turbo ta. Same basic engine as a gn aside from the heads

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
And the comment where someone said Chinese turbos don't blow up like they used to(used to as in up to a year ago) that's like letting a chomo babysit because he doesn't touch kids anymore lol

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I understand. I have a Turbo TA and I don't know if I like it. I like the turbo, but I don't know if I like the TA all that much. I should like it because it smokes the tires and handles pretty good but I get the feeling when I drive it it wants to kill me. There isn't much forgiveness built into them and I have to relearn how to brake, because I can have boost or brakes but I can't have both for any extended amount of time.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I mainly got it because it smoked the iroc I was also looking at at twice the price. Lol. Plus I always preferred Firebirds to camaros

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I'm sure some of what killed performance on my turbo ta was the heavy 2000 era 18" wheels. Wheel tech has come a long way since then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor