Supercharged 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
You seriously don't see how an exhaust manifold gasket is relevant to a discussion on the exhaust manifold flange?

Dropping a link without any attempt to explain your point.....yes, that's pretty well meaningless.
I explained in an earlier post that you can elongate the middle 2 holes. I posted a link to someone who actually flipped a manifold in a turbo build. If you are still not getting it......there's not much else I can do.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
You posted someone that flipped a HEADER....not a manifold. And to a normal person that can see pictures no explanation is needed. And it takes a hell of a lot more than two holes elongated. All four center holes would need elongated at least 3/8. And there's like a 1/4" of material

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
My bad. The op claims he did that to a Mani but provides no pics of what he did. As someone that has turned wrenches on literally over 1000 3800s I can say he's full of it.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I say people who think Superchargers are quicker than Turbocharger are "full of it", but that is my personal opinion (backed up by science).

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
The sc vs turbo thing is debatable science. The fact that when I accidentally put my header gasket on upside down when I was tired and only one or two bolts lined up and I could see the openings in the gasket for the other bolts is fact. The fact that this guy that has obviously never wrenched a 3800 is using a google search from an unreliable forum from ten years ago (an unreliable time for 3800 stuff) us hilarious

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
4l60 came behind auto 3800s. And there's plenty of companies that make adapter plates to use v8 Chevy trans behind them

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I wouldn't put a 4L60 behind anything turbo and some adapter plates are pretty sketchy. Maybe there are good ones today with people designing things on computers.

If I was going to the trouble of a building a goofy bolt pattern transmission with adapter plates, I'd just use a Northstar V8 instead. The price at the junkyards is the same as a 3800.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I guess if you like engine failures. And the adapter plate from I believe mace for t56 aussie guys use behind 600+ HP motors

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
The fact that this guy that has obviously never wrenched a 3800 is using a google search from an unreliable forum from ten years ago (an unreliable time for 3800 stuff) us hilarious
What is really hillarious......is when a 17 year old keyboard commando starts spewing nonsense about a $1K centrifugal supercharger on a 3800 and using highly technical terms like "jumpiness".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor