Sure is working good !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Yeah the Monte is working real nice this season.
I've been out for three long drives,(3 + hours),and a bunch of short drives,(1 hour).
There hasn't been a hitch or a glitch so far,fingers crossed.
The new 0.120 thicker intake gaskets have made a huge difference.
It starts easier and runs great and dosent seem to be using near as much oil as before.
The old 513 will surprise me every once in a while.
At the right RPM in second gear and punch the accelerator pedal to the floor and in the blink of an eye the old girl is going sideways and smoking both tires and ready for third gear !!!
If that don't get your heart pumpin' I don't know what will !!!
Of course,once in a while out for a cruise some young feller in the daily driver import thinks that they can out power me,so I have a bit of fun with them and show them the taillights on the Monte LOL
I'm really liking my manual brake setup from Dave Schultz,better than the power brakes were,at least these are always there when you need them and seem to have good stopping power.
14088489_10153665511206573_6424903957850379488_n.jpg

Guy

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I've been out for a couple more drives lately,yesterday the wife and I went up the mountain and over to the shore to visit some friends from Connecticut,their folks have a summer home over there.
The Monte is still working great,even the wife was impressed.
This might be the best that it has worked in many years.
The transmission is holding up good,the Hurst Inline shifter is adjusted perfectly and shifts just like a hot knife through butter.
I cant get over how much easier it starts than before,hard to believe that thicker gaskets could make this much difference.
And oil consumption has dropped quite a bit,I bet that I'm using a third of the oil now.
I've got my fingers crossed it stays like this all summer (y)
Guy

Reactions: 5 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Now if we could start getting some nice weather that would be great !!
Right now we are in the middle of FIVE days of rain :cry:
Theres a car show today that's close to home,but there is an 80 % chance of rain this afternoon.
Tomorrow there is the annual Canada Day show but there calling for 60 % chance of rain...
June sure has been a wet month here.
On the bright side,the grass is growing like crazy LOL
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
we've had a ton of rain here in the north east,wet spring and the summers looking that way too.

Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Well so much for todays Canada Day car show,its raining again and gonna rain all day,and maybe most of this week as well.
My buddy Bill wont take his '34 Coupe out in the rain,its a PITA to clean it up;
Bill's '34 Ford Coupe 001 (2016_04_18 13_36_38 UTC).JPG

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYBODY !!!
Guy

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor