Not open for further replies.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
Good plan

I'm going with the moog 5660 also soon
I'm using a drop spindle
I'm also running a 17x7 wheel on the front

I'm considering cutting 1/8-1/4 coil to get it to my current ride height. I'm considering this because I know that stock springs might start sagging over time

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
MELLOELKY I was advised to use this setup and may have to cut the spring's a 1/4 at a time to stiffen up handling and lowering it at same time if this isn't correct please explain. I guess I'm am going to have to go with 12" brake upgrade with a 17×8 rim size hopefully it will work
oh no i don't see anything incorrect just wanted to make sure you knew those ball joints raised the spindle height/lowered the car,nobody likes surprises.carry on.

Reactions: 1 users

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
oh no i don't see anything incorrect just wanted to make sure you knew those ball joints raised the spindle height/lowered the car,nobody likes surprises.carry on.
MELLOELKY, thank you for the advice I really appreciate .

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Good plan

I'm going with the moog 5660 also soon
I'm using a drop spindle
I'm also a 17x7 wheel on the front

I'm considering cutting 1/8-1/4 coil to get it to my current ride height. I'm considering this because I know that stock springs might start sagging over time
Mr. Gremlinsteve what drop spindle are you using ?

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Aside from initial cost, I see no reason not to use the Blazer drop spindles. You get better bearings and brakes= win, win
With the blazer spindles can you explain how to get and maybe what to get for 12" rotors and calipers I'm having trouble understanding I apologize for the questions. Thanks Chris

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm running aftermarket brake$ all around and this site turned me onto the swap. if i could do it all over again i would go that route over the alternative.there's some good info on here about it.take care Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor