Swapping a supercharged 3800 buick 3.8 in a 1980 regal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
I have often thought of doing the same thing to my Cutlass Cruiser......for the "wow" factor. I think it would be great, and I am usually a proponent of keeping Ford/Ford, Chevy/Chevy, Olds?olds, but my car came with a Buick 3.8....so it "sort of: fits the category for me...I think it would be a difficult swap, but worth the aggravation...for decent power, mpg, and the "wow" factor.
I say if you are up to do it, and you want to do it, go for it.........but keep us updated!

Just my $0.02........

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/3800-s ... -swap.html

This thread addresses the throttlebody in the wrong spot.

Ive got the L67 RWD into a Lemans or Cutlass wagon in the future for my next project. Problem is it takes 3 cars that are all worth something. Your in $3500 for parts.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
matt79 said:
that would be interesting to see.
X2.............. But WHY????? Then again as long as you can imagine it, it can be done..... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor