Swapping in a 350 tbi and trans from a 93 cadillac

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Ok i have a question for anyone who may have done it before. How difficult would it be to swap in a 350 tbi engine and trans from a 93 cadillac fleetwood and set it up to function in a gbody. I have the whole car here at my disposal, was gonna sell it but i wondered if the engine/trans could be useful

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I have a 93 Fleetwood & need a few parts. Let me know what you're throwing out it could be worth more than you think esp if that Fleetwood is a 'presidential' w the 3.73 & hd cooling lines etc then I might want the gears for example. Also, my top is going bad & if I had a back window to a hardtop (the window is like a whole inch wider w/o Brougham top) I could eliminate my Brougham top then. The 350 TBI is very reliable & someone on here has 1 in their monte ss. The intake manifold gaskets are a failing point & the head gasket can fail too. The oil pressure sending unit should be replaced too. The cam is small & has room to be upgraded if you can rebuild the engine. visit www.tbichips.com to learn more about the engine. I have heard a digital dash is the fastest way to wire up this set-up but I haven't done this myself. A guy on here recommended a company called x-wire I'm sure you have the stock harness but consider just running a new 1 or you might hit a stumbling block getting the set-up to display temp/rpm/tach. These gages are noticeably absent on my dash & from all the first fleetwoods I have seen! The 5 speed from early Silverado will swap & is better on gas than a 4L60E which belongs in a Silverado anyway. Although it would cost more initially the 5 speed stick upgrade is definitely worth considering vs 4L60E which is stronger but wastes a lot more gas. Another thing to consider is Summit makes an intake to convert to carburetor from the TBI but it requires a little machining bc the fuel pump is a bit weird on this setup. Hope any of this helps & GL I hope you have the front grille intact & part this car I can't find it in my area or when I did I missed out bc it was gone fast. PS if you do use the stock wiring harness you should run a new program anyway. The stock program is trash and leaves room for improvement even without a cam swap you can gain fuel mileage by just simply replacing the chip talk to the guy @ that number on tbichips.com doing this would pay for itself w/in weeks by saving you gas ++++

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
The car is in almost perfect shape, we were looking to sell it off and i was thinking man i could use that tbi on something. Beautiful car though. If i decide to yank the motor and trans ill pm you and see what you rwant of it. It is the non soft top version in a burgandy/maroon color. Burgandy leather interior

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I live in Indiana too so its actually feasible. I would only want the grille if its 95% or better, & a couple of the chromes/ mountings clips & if the car has 3.42 - 3.73 maybe that but I don't have a lot of $$$$ right now so probly not. On the other hand, I would be curious to see some pics if you're selling the whole car too. A friend of mine has always really liked my car but he don't want to own mine bc all our friends know each other so he would want his own so I'll fwd this topic to him by email if you put pics in the thread he lives in Ind too although you are a bit far to go over a $2,500 car I guess it would have to be in great condition to drive all that distance lol

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
:oops: didn't notice you said the car is in nearly perfect shape. Didn't mean to insult you w the low price assumption^^ lol

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Only physical thing on the outside is a few scratches that will buff out and the chrome strip along the middle has some bubbling, other then that very very nice. Id ask $2000 obo for it and i will try and get some pics up here and dont worry no offence taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor