T-Top Center Pillar

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can remove the center rail and the side plates. It should be pop riveted or screwed in. I replaced mine with one from g-body parts and its a stainless steel piece. Open up the wallet they are expensive $300. Look on ebay though too you can find them used. GL!

If it were my car, I would go for the stainless pieces even with the high price. Duel to the leaky nature of GM's T-Tops, few of these pieces are likely to have survived. The car I looked at had the floor rotted away, probably due to the leaky roof.

Just a thought...

Do they have Harbor Freight stores near you? How bad is the part?

If yours is not totally gone, do what I did - go to HF and buy a Mig-welder (about $99) get a little metal and weld in patches. If your talking about the inner peice, you can work in small pieces at a time and it is not that hard. The stainless ones are big bucks and originals are almost impossible to find. You could learn how to weld (if you don't already know), and have a tool you can use again (which should come in handy since you have a +/- 25 yr old car - you can even redo these if they rot out again for less than replacing them).

Just an idea, especially if yours has alot of smaller holes like mine did. you cant totally make a part but you can actually patch more of it than you would think. But then again this may be why my car is taking sooo much longer than I expected.

good luck,

Stoopud

😀ELETE:

RE: T-Top Parts

HI -I would like you to clarify 1 thing.Is the main structure of your T-top in decent shape??I mean the actual foundation of the roof structure.On top of the main structure,are the metal plates that form the T,and are grooved to accept the glass.These metal plates have the weatherstripping glued to them.
I'm assuming that these are the pieces u are inquiring about.
I'm going to be stripping an 83 T-Top Regal in the next week,and I do have some nice metal plates that came off of it.I will try to take some photos of it tomorrow,and I'll post them.Then we will know sure if we are all on the same page, Dean

havent been here in while, but i found some parts that i needed on ebay, here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 14223&rd=1

these are only some pieces of what i need, i think there are other smaller parts above these plates towards the windshield, so i will be waiting for those pics dean 😀

i know i really need to take a pic of the car, its running awesome...

background info, the car was bought for 100 bux and i paid 100 more for a centerbolt head 305....i started it up and this thing must have a mild cam in it....im building a sbc 350 to go in there after i get this car road worthy....

😀 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor