T-top conversion....hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
86Cutlass383SR said:
Andrew, it would look really trick if you did decide to loose an inch or two off the top while you were doing it. :mrgreen: After all, sounds like you've got experienced help at your disposal...

Haha, that is WAY more time, effort and expense than what I'd want to do. Custom glass all around then trying to adjust the pillars to mate up correctly.

I've also seen one G-body with its top chopped and it looked really strange...I'll leave that to the old hot rods/led sleds.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
LOL...I was just razzin you. I haven't seen a chop-top g-body but I saw a chopped 69 Camaro. Just looks out of proportion. Modern chop tops just don't look the old coupes do.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
This is the one I've seen. I think its in a thread here on the site:

!BWn-n9wBWk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWN(BBKYUcMLj+Q~~_12.JPG

Even if you didn't go that radical, it still just looks weird.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
:shock: LOL, yeah, I've seen that here somewhere. Lookes like someone drove it off a cliff and landed on it's roof...

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
Please skip the T-Tops, I've never known anybody who had them and was happy with them. They cost more money, and get you more wind noise, more leaks, more chance to ruin the roof of your car. The only car I would want T-Tops on would be a 90's F-body, never on a Gbody. Keep that beauty clean-cut 8)

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
Blake442 said:
I love my T-tops. :banana:

I stand corrected :mrgreen:

Any trouble with them leaking?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
My brother's '81 has T-tops and only leaks if you run it through a high pressure car wash.

Wind noise is noticeable but was more so with the 260 and not so much with the 403. ;)

If he'd replace the old, dry rotted weather stripping I'm sure things would be much better.

However I'm still up in the air on the conversion. My neighbor came up with an idea on how to repair the roof I have on the car now so we may give that a try before chopping anything.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
monteboy84 said:
Blake442 said:
I love my T-tops. :banana:

I stand corrected :mrgreen:

Any trouble with them leaking?

Just in one spot on each side where the original seals have dried out and split.

I've only been caught in the rain twice since I put the car back together in '07, and I haven't washed the car since '04, so...
It usually just sits in the garage, and I just dust it off or wipe it down with Mist & Shine.

I definately need new seals, but have been putting it off for when the car eventually gets painted again.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
FE3X CLONE said:
Wind noise is noticeable but was more so with the 260 and not so much with the 403. ;)

:mrgreen: who cares about wind noise when you have a 403

• Creative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor