T Top ridge rail fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I installed the header on mine, fit just fine. Whatever shop in Taiwan makes those for everybody.
That seems to be true for all the goodmark panels I have too. Both wheelhouses , qtr patch, body mount, and floor pan all had CHL parts co. And made in taiwan tags.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I certainly understand that now. It sure has been an experience. (Rookie move?)
It happens to nearly everyone at some point. It happened to me. It's happened to others. You find out fast how they value their customer base when things don't go right. Not to say it's all bad. If they have the parts you need and actually ship those parts, it may turn out ok. Sometimes you may wonder if/when they'll get them to you. And have to listen to every excuse possible as to why it isn't their fault. But if they do have parts and you get them soon, then you'll luck out. But watch it when they claim it's exactly like the OEM part. Usually it is not. I found out when I went to get some dark maple upper door panels for the 84. OMG. Not even close. Took an act of Congress to send them back. PITA.

Next time you're looking to get a G-body part, I suggest you check with Mike's Montes first because he has a lot of the same parts and a lot of times for less. If he makes a mistake or you have an issue, he's a whole lot better in handling things if it goes sideways.

Reactions: 2 users

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
Next time you're looking to get a G-body part, I suggest you check with Mike's Montes first

From what I have seen, any of the site sponsors here seem to be good to deal with. I had actually ordered parts from gbodyparts.com before when I first became the proud owner of my GP and had a good experience, but their true colours sure came out when I had questions. That is when I realized how they operated with no contact other than email.
Rob from Dixie Restoration Depot reached out to me about this as well, so I have actually ordered the kit from them

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Dixie's good too, and sometimes they have some things nobody else does. As well as several other vendors are good, too. It's always good to get feedback here from others that have experience with the vendors catering to G-bodies if you've never dealt with them before.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah I agree it is good to know who are good to deal with and where and when others have had bad dealings with.

this might be too late but I came across this in Port Erie

$_59.PNG

Reactions: 1 user

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
Went and picked up the new T-top kit. what a difference in the ridge rail. Much heavier and curved perfect to the glass

1582553549635.png
1582553549635.png

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor