Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Was your engine set back all the way?

Probably?

I have never understood the people that say set back vs not set back. I dropped the LS in and bolted it to the stock 200r4 the car came with. I built my own mounts by just filling the gap in between the sbc frame mounts and the LS block. I then put the t56 in after a few months.

It's positioned the same front to back that the sbc that came in the car. The passenger side valve cover almost hits the AC box so I don't know how it could go back any farther and I have over an inch of gap between the truck PS pump pulley and the steering box.

Reactions: 1 users

thrasher1988

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2019
Probably?

I have never understood the people that say set back vs not set back. I dropped the LS in and bolted it to the stock 200r4 the car came with. I built my own mounts by just filling the gap in between the sbc frame mounts and the LS block. I then put the t56 in after a few months.

It's positioned the same front to back that the sbc that came in the car. The passenger side valve cover almost hits the AC box so I don't know how it could go back any farther and I have over an inch of gap between the truck PS pump pulley and the steering box.

I'm pretty sure the term comes from the fact that most ls to sbc adapter plates are drilled to mount the engine in several positions. The furthest back position usually puts the rear of the ls engine in the same place as the sbc it replaced.

Well it sounds like your engine is pretty much in the same spot mine is. So I guess I'll be getting one of the new t56 magnum F transmissions in the spring. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor