t56 swap .

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbrute

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2009
cincinnati 0h
i have a parts list for a t5 whats the difference in parts for the t56 . Also i read somewhere you have to use a special flywheel. i need the t56 for my stroker motor thats going in my 80 ls monte. Machine shop said i would kill the t5 in a month or so even a built world class . So i opt for the t56 and i wanted a 6speed for the highway . Thanks

With the flywheel it all depends on what version of the T-56 you will be using.

F-body

LS1

or

Aftermarket.

Attachments

• IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 165
out of a 93 f body witch is the easiest.

bigbrute said:
out of a 93 f body witch is the easiest.

I wouldn't say it is the easiest.

I used a 97 F-body T-56 which is the same and if I was to do it over I probally would have went LS1 or aftermarket.

The f-body version will only use an F-body and bellhousing clutch which in turn means you need a 1 piece rear main seal flywheel.

So depending what type of block you are using 1 or 2 piece rear main seal.

That will determin what type of flywheel you need.

I run a Big Block so for me is was a complete pain in the *ss using the F-body trans.

Well maybe not a complete pain in the *ss but at least a costly pain in the *ss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor