tach in cowl hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

86MonteLS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2008
Lima, OH
My brother and some friends were looking at the 4" cowl hood I picked up and one of them made a comment about putting tach in the hood where the opening is. .honestly, i dont think it would look too bad and be kinda different

Has anybody tried this or would even attempt?

TheFullMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2008
Hartsville, TN
thats a good idea! some kind of steel plate installed on the back of the hood to strengthen up the fiberglass in the mounting area would be a consideration. wouldn't wanna crack it or the gauge vibrate so bad that it was unreadable or inaccurate. if you do it, I'd like to see some pics!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
i don't think it would be a horrible idea, but personally i would not want to be looking at my hood when i should be looking down the road. that's just my thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor