Take a Guess where It’s From

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You know Star Wars is ancient when you see an old movie from the 80s and they're drinking out of old Burger King giveaway glasses with Star Wars figures on them. A few days ago, we watched "The Great Outdoors", an old comedy film with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd in it, released in 1988. Star Wars was already 11 years old at the time!! I just happened to notice the glasses they were drinking out of after Roman showed up uninvited. I remember they used to give some sort of drinking glasses away almost everywhere at the fast food places back then.

CheVDMNVEAAA7ym.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
The last free glasses I remember was when the New Godzilla came out. Got a few and the wraparound Godzilla holder.
nice for boat drink nite here at the mobile home community.

Reactions: 1 user

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
Yep. My 1995 car, the headlight housing are glass.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Looks like a stock dished piston to me. I'm no pro though....

You know Star Wars is ancient when you see an old movie from the 80s and they're drinking out of old Burger King giveaway glasses with Star Wars figures on them. A few days ago, we watched "The Great Outdoors", an old comedy film with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd in it, released in 1988. Star Wars was already 11 years old at the time!! I just happened to notice the glasses they were drinking out of after Roman showed up uninvited. I remember they used to give some sort of drinking glasses away almost everywhere at the fast food places back then.

CheVDMNVEAAA7ym.jpg
Return of the Jedi was huge and only 4 years old in 88. I actually have a nice Donald Duck glass from McDonald's in the 80's. I found it in a ditch, yeah I know. A sculpted heavy, square tumbler, still really nice.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I have a heavy-azz McD's giveaway Disney World square glass as my go-to from the 2000 campaign.

I love it for 2 reasons, besides holding ice drinks, and mixed alcohol drinks. It is square. It has designs cast in it to make 3 out of the 4 sides rough, so no matter how I grab it, I don't drop it. 21 years in service. Still going...a million times in the dishwasher and still has all the color. And now I'll probably break it tomorrow.

This is the glass described. Not mine, but mine looks just like it.

s-l400.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014

CheVDMNVEAAA7ym.jpg
Nothing like a nice shotgun lamp

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have a heavy-azz McD's giveaway Disney World square glass as my go-to from the 2000 campaign.

I love it for 2 reasons, besides holding ice drinks, and mixed alcohol drinks. It is square. It has designs cast in it to make 3 out of the 4 sides rough, so no matter how I grab it, I don't drop it. 21 years in service. Still going...a million times in the dishwasher and still has all the color. And now I'll probably break it tomorrow.

This is the glass described. Not mine, but mine looks just like it.

s-l400.jpg
We have one of those. My favorite rocks glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor