Taking the 442 on a 1700 mile trip to Maine and back

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
So decided a couple weeks ago that I needed to take a vacation. I needed a road trip. Like the ones I took oh so many years ago.

Never been to Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont. Ok, sure.

Acadia national park on the coast of Maine is the destination. Hitting Watkins Glenn park, do some hiking.

No highways. Taking only the main and secondary roads from Erie Pa to Maine, see the country side, autumn leaves, drive through all the small towns. All in the 442. She is prepped for the ride.

Hopefully I wont encounter anything crazy or have any breakdowns.

Wish me luck!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Good luck. When I lived in CT I took a few road trips to Cape Cod, Rutland VT where friends lived, and Portland MN where some relatives were from.Those were great trips, especially in October with all the leaves changing color and nice cool temps. During the Summer I would spent some time at Crescent Beach (I think that is how it is spelled) in Maine. Not many think of Maine and beaches but there are a few nice ones.

Living in the desert Southwest is nice, but this time of the year I do miss New England.

Enjoy your road trip! I am jealous!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that sounds like it'll be a great trip, keep an eye on Maria though cause they say it's going to track north but they are not sure exactly where it is going

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Northern part of the state is getting some color, but mostly swamp maples and a few birch.Should be kicking into high gear shortly with full on color, sightseers, bad drivers and the perennial question "When does the foliage peak?".
Best answer I give 'em is "You just missed it, should've been here an hour ago":mrgreen:
If you go to Maine and Acadia, come back west on Rt.2 from Bangor all the way to Montpelier, VT. You won't regret it.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
the white mountains are gorgeous in NH too, the kancamagus highway is great to drive through with lots of stops for scenery and trails if you're into that sort of stuff. if you ride Harleys the local dealer I believe rents bikes for a day or two, maybe some one would chime in with finer details but I loved the few times I've been up there. I always say id love to escape the commie grip of new York and move to or at the very least retire in NH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor