TCI Breakaway converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What was the torque rated at?
Not enough, 8 to 1 403, stock #8 heads with a 204/214 cam and shorty headers, couldn't break 9.7 in the 1/8 with their 2400 stall and a 3.42 no slip. I somehow bought the standard converter, which they no longer rate, sure it was 400 hp, heavy duty 500 hp.
Oh, I also wonder how often we car enthusiasts put a new converter on an already dooshed up POS transmission and then blame the converter for the failure of both it and the trans? 85%? 90%? Higher?...……………………...my guess would be higher.
No, it killed my 2004R, well, more on that. Acting like a rubber band after 1/8 mile passes, pushing oil out the dipstick. Replaced the converter and worked perfect UNTIL a piece of trash lodged somewhere from the blown converter. I then revved it on jack stands till I blew it up. Ah good times🥵

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Not enough, 8 to 1 403, stock #8 heads with a 204/214 cam and shorty headers, couldn't break 9.7 in the 1/8 with their 2400 stall and a 3.42 no slip. I somehow bought the standard converter, which they no longer rate, sure it was 400 hp, heavy duty 500 hp.

No, it killed my 2004R, well, more on that. Acting like a rubber band after 1/8 mile passes, pushing oil out the dipstick. Replaced the converter and worked perfect UNTIL a piece of trash lodged somewhere from the blown converter. I then revved it on jack stands till I blew it up. Ah good times🥵

Maybe a piece of trash from the trans blew up the converter, which put more trash in the trans...…………...:p

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor