Teans cooler help

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
pontiacgp said:
I would think the instructions tell you to use the return side of the rad transmission cooler cause the pressure in the line coming from the transmission can get up to around 100 psi and that could blow a fitting or a rubber hose. Coming out of the rad the pressure is much less

How does the transmission cooler in the radiator reduce the line pressure? Thx.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
foxtrot said:
pontiacgp said:
I would think the instructions tell you to use the return side of the rad transmission cooler cause the pressure in the line coming from the transmission can get up to around 100 psi and that could blow a fitting or a rubber hose. Coming out of the rad the pressure is much less

How does the transmission cooler in the radiator reduce the line pressure? Thx.

by the volume of it plus the oil is hotter going in and cooler coming out

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Merry Christmas!

Are you saying that the I.d. of the spiral tube that runs thru the radiator is actually larger than the I.d. of the tube from the transmission? I never knew this - I'm still thinking that you can get away with by-passing the internal cooler and running an external only setup if the car isn't driven in the cold winter months..

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's not as larger diameter but it's a loop with I think 3 coils....the return line is always a lower pressure than the pressure line in ever piece of machinery that has a cooler

and Merry Christmas to you, my grand marnier bottle is empty but I have lots of coffee left.... :wtf:

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
pontiacgp said:
my grand marnier bottle is empty but I have lots of coffee left.... :wtf:

Sorry to hear that - ha. I have some under my kitchen counter but that doesn't help you much. Working on a craft beer myself now that the three kids are fast asleep due to their early wakening this morning.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Christmas is all about kids and watching them enjoy the season, your a lucky man with 3 kids still at home, mine are all grown.. :(

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
You're so right that aside from being thankful, kids are a big part about what it's all about! For me, that's true in general and have to remind myself of that when quality time with the kids contains lots of squawking. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor