Technical data help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGLM

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2011
Finland
www.lakesteel.org
Does anyone of you members own some kind of original brochure, where you can see how much horsepower there has been in Pontiac LeMans 301cid between years 1979 to 1981.
If you do, copy of that would make me wery happy... 😛

My version is with 2BBL and its only 135hp, but there is two more powerful versions with 4bbl, and these are the mysterious ones to me...
I need to prove my vehicle inspector what is the most powerful engine there has been on factory, because my new engine cannot have over 20% more power than that. I hate these stupid Finnish regulations... :blam:

301 2-barrel (135 hp), 301 4-barrel (150 hp), 301 4-barrel 'HO' or 'EC' (170 hp), and the 301 Turbo (210 hp)

That is a very strange law, how do they check the output of the motor you install? Do they chassis dyno the car? Heck you could cheat that retard the timing, etc. So if your car had a 150hp motor you can only put in a motor with no more than 180hp? And we think the US has dumb laws

Fox80 said:
That is a very strange law, how do they check the output of the motor you install? Do they chassis dyno the car? Heck you could cheat that retard the timing, etc. So if your car had a 150hp motor you can only put in a motor with no more than 180hp? And we think the US has dumb laws

basically they use those powerfigures that engine had at factory. If I put engine originally 150hp to my car, it would be ok even if I put a turbocharger in it, although I have to have dynopaper to prove that the powerfigures don`t exceed over 20%... And because I have to prove that, we can do everything to get lowest possible figures on dyno... :lol: This is only possible cars older than 1991, after that you basically can`t do allmost nothing to tune your car legally... :blam:

I found this...

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 628
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor