tell me what ya'll think!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some good ideas in this post...There is some bickering in it though(GUILTY) LOL

Welcome!

That Regal looks great!
I'd swap in some better rear gears like a 3.08 or 3.23 and just drive it and enjoy it, and certainly wouldn't sell it!

Once your Olds 307 gives up, then you can start looking around for another motor to replace it.
I'd put a Buick 455 in that thing in a heartbeat! Although an Olds 350, 403, or 455 would be an easier swap.

Or you could just drive it over to my place and you can take my '96 Caprice home with you instead... :mrgreen:

thanks everybody i just went to summit the salesperson sold me a set of 3:73 gears and the gear kit for $148.00 he said the car will fill like night and day difference.now all i need is someone to install them any good shops in atlanta area yall know of?btw going into summit store here in ga. is like being a kid in a candy store. :shock:

also he said put straight pipe on it next but i have to wait until my birthday it will be the last year of emmisions for the car beacuse it will be considered a classic cant wait. so i guess im going to keep it.i will post pics of the motor it still looks brand new!

when you say "faster" this all depends on your goals. If you want to bury Vipers at stoplights a 307 might not be the first choice. As previously suggested - gears will make a night and day difference. There are other classic tips and tricks to squeeze smaller amounts of power out of ANY engine. With it being a lower mile car ... how much tweaking you are willing to do is up to you, but I would suggest keeping to things easily reverted. You mentioned emmission's exemptions. Find out the letter of the law. Perhaps build an Olds 350 and set the stock 307 off on a stand. When all is said and done the 307 was never meant for a powerhouse ... was a lazy, low RPM torquey small displacement engine .... great for tooling around large landbarges and exceptionally reliable (unlike hot rods).

DrRansom442 said:
when you say "faster" this all depends on your goals. If you want to bury Vipers at stoplights a 307 might not be the first choice. As previously suggested - gears will make a night and day difference. There are other classic tips and tricks to squeeze smaller amounts of power out of ANY engine. With it being a lower mile car ... how much tweaking you are willing to do is up to you, but I would suggest keeping to things easily reverted. You mentioned emmission's exemptions. Find out the letter of the law. Perhaps build an Olds 350 and set the stock 307 off on a stand. When all is said and done the 307 was never meant for a powerhouse ... was a lazy, low RPM torquey small displacement engine .... great for tooling around large landbarges and exceptionally reliable (unlike hot rods).
thanks but like i said not trying to race anybody but a least smoke the tires if i want to the car doesnt even smoke the tires when i try to powerbrake it lol!! i will put the gears in and try a shift kit and see if im happy like i said it has low miles so i dont want to motor swap right now just want the car to feel like a v8 right now it feels like a v6.but it runs damn good just slow as hell 😢

First off nice regal! Keep that puppy! Second off bring it by joes automotive in marietta. Good people. Besides I've been itching to have gbody up there. I just drove mine home to do some work on it. Got my headers and x pipe in and moving on to front shocks and springs. Then I gotta figure out why my brakes went south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor