Terminator X max mass air flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
While we're discussing a Terminator X, I have a question that I can't seem to find a consistent answer to. I need an O2 sensor for my Terminator X. I'm using the Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor that is somewhat standard with the Term X. The Holley part number is 554-115 - about $110 and no one local carries them. I've found on the interwebs that a Bosch 17025 is interchangeable. The Bosch can be found at a parts store without waiting for the postman and it's a little cheaper.

I bought a Bosch 17025, but now I'm concerned the calibration is not the same. Any thoughts?

And, if you want to burn up a wideband o2 sensor, then I can tell you how to do it - this the second time I've shorted an LSU 4.9 sensor (2 different cars and ECU's.) It's not hard to do if you have an overly large exhaust (3-4")

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Put it in open loop and see where it sits while running. Should be comparable to a previous log. I would imagine your idle area and cruise area of the map was pretty dialed in? Should give you an idea if its still accurate.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
While we're discussing a Terminator X, I have a question that I can't seem to find a consistent answer to. I need an O2 sensor for my Terminator X. I'm using the Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor that is somewhat standard with the Term X. The Holley part number is 554-115 - about $110 and no one local carries them. I've found on the interwebs that a Bosch 17025 is interchangeable. The Bosch can be found at a parts store without waiting for the postman and it's a little cheaper.

I bought a Bosch 17025, but now I'm concerned the calibration is not the same. Any thoughts?

And, if you want to burn up a wideband o2 sensor, then I can tell you how to do it - this the second time I've shorted an LSU 4.9 sensor (2 different cars and ECU's.) It's not hard to do if you have an overly large exhaust (3-4")
I was actually shipped 2 sensors in my terminator x max and I'd sell you the extra one but you got me worried that I might need it...

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You should keep it, spare sensors are handy when they can't be purchased locally.

When the humidity is high and the temperature is below the dew point at initial startup there will be a lot of steam generated from the exhaust. Enough that the ground will look as if someone poured a coffee can of water on the ground under the down pipe. This coupled with an exhaust system that is too large to flow well at idle before the turbo and a downpipe that is too large in general compound the issue. These conditions create a situation where if the motor is not allowed to run long enough to heat the exhaust then the moisture collects on the O2 sensor and in the exhaust. The next key cycle is where the issue happens - I turned the key on and didn't start it immediately. This allows the O2 sensor to heat to maximum temp and then the moisture hits and it get shorted out.

I've done this twice now in the past 3 years. Lesson to self - don't turn on the key and not start the motor immediately when sub freezing temps.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor