Th350 kickdown experts needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schardbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2016
so I've been having problems with a stiff throttle pedal, 1/2 throttle or more is pretty rough. So today I take the return spring off same thing. Disconnect kickdown cable and the throttle is much much easier. It was too late in the day to get a new kickdown cable so I just leave it completely disconnected from the carb (not even in the bracket). Knowing it won't hurt a th350 driving without it I figure I'll be fine until tomorrow however a few miles from work I stab the throttle and it still downshifted to 2nd. Surprised I did it multiple more time from 3-2 and from 2-1.

This transmission is a fairly high dollar rebuilt unit with a kit but I've never known any th350 to downshift at wot without the cable so I'm looking for maybe someone that knows something I don't.

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
I just put a TCI ssf th350 in mine. WITH A NEW CABLE, disconnected. Because, the cable I had, was hanging up, not even hooked up. If u used an old one, it could be on the switch, without any help. Maybe,

Schardbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2016
I have talked to the shop but the builder that did mine is no longer there. The builder there now is not an "old school" guy and says the same thing as me without the cable it shouldn't downshift at wot.

Schardbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2016
Yeah I know it doesn't control pressure and I've continued driving it daily without the cable. I really don't see a need to replace it when it kicks down without it. This post was just about figuring out how that might be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor