TH350 to 2004r/700R4 Overdrive swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I just went from a th-400 and went to the 700-r4 and have no regrets at all.........You can use the stock crossmember as lond as you get a tail shaft from a late 80's Caprice, caddy or buick roadmaster 700-r4...... Here is a link to that :http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/46278_automatic_transmission_overdrive_install/index.html. YOu will need geometry corrector brackets and a TV cable bracket as well...............Available from Jegs or Summit........Both the 200 and 700 are great transmission's if built right.......I was able to throw 4.10 gears in my car and still cruise the expressways at a low rpm :) As far as the driveshaft.....you will need 49.5" from center of U-Joing to center of U-Joint--that's with a 7.5 rear or 12 bolt.......and take off another inch if your going to the 8.5 rear. Hope this helps...

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
wasn't really trying to discourage the use of the 700-r4 .... if one has a "good" 700-r4 just laying around and it's going into a Chevy powerred car (I don't like the concept of adapter plates) - use it. But all things considerred comparing the 2 and considerring swapping into a A/G body car (which never had the 700) - I think the 200-4r has it hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor