The 1982 Gutlass "Build"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
The Gutlass is running better than ever, I fixed a huge exhaust leak, so it actually sounds proper now. Last night after a bit of screwing around on back roads, the car runs better than it ever has before, the throttle response is great, and it actually shifts properly now. Before, It wouldn't shift into third if you were anywhere under 34, now it shifts to third at about 12 mph. I love it, even though it's still slow, you can't wipe the smile off of my face when its running perfect. Maybe the 30+ of crap in the trans got blown away, I love it

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I entered in the local car show a few months ago, along with my dad and my brother, with spots right next to each other. The Cutlass got the most attention of the three, with the Roadmaster a close second.
cutlassSHOW.jpg

show.jpg

I also got tired of my power steering fluid draining every two days, so I replaced both lines. That was quite the task on 30 year old compression fittings. The good thing about V6 G-Body's though, there's plenty of room to work if you take off the fan and shroud:
cuttyrepair.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I've done a lot of work to the Gutlass in the last few months, most recently, new drum brake assemblies, new Cooper Cobra Radial GT tires,(215/70 on stock 14's), Trans fluid and filter, as well as a brand new, non-CCC Dualjet carb. She's running amazingly well(compared to when I first got it), and it drives great despite the all-original suspension. Still needs a lot of work, including paint and body, and a lot of motor/electrical, but it's a fun cruiser for weekend nights. Here's some recent Gutlass beauty shots as well;
DSCN5732.JPG

DSCN5656.JPG

power.jpg

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Haven't driven the Gutlass a whole lot since last summer, but I have taken it out at least once a week. Our weather's been in the high 60's lately (unseasonably warm) so I've actually been putting some miles on it. Nothing like a good tops-out cruise in the G-Body.
DSCN6193.JPG
DSCN6194.JPG
DSCN6286.JPG
DSCN6299.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
We've been having some pretty nice weather lately. A little bit of rain, and some snow last week, but it's nice enough to drive the Gutlass. Took a couple more pictures the other day. Fiddled with the carb a little bit and she's running pretty good these days, after killing an alternator and a rear wheel cylinder.
DSCN6419.JPG
DSCN6422.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor