the 85 cutty supreme 4 door i picked up, pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I also say make it a DD, but find a rusty-but-complete V8 donor car that runs well and swap everything into it. The V6 is just plain awful to drive every day ( and I should know- I drove mine for 150k miles before the swap!). I would also use the 3.23 axle and th2004R trans in it to give it more acceleration off the line and better fuel economy around town.

you dont find such donors here

they all get hauled to the shredder

everyone and their dog has a trailer and snatches up any article made of steel and hauls it to the shredder

ESPECIALLY vehicles

nothing is left

will not find a v-8 BOP engine

none of the yards have one either i already called and checked them all,

and all the yards are out of town from here, we have none

it will have to remain 3.8L and im gonna have to repair this one somehow

no other option at this time

so thats what i plan on doing

pulling the engine out

taking the crank out

checking everything out

and if everything is ok other than the crank then ill have it turned and put an oil pump in it and go from there

unless i sell part out or trade the car off before then

thanks

And I though I had it bad with my 30 mile one way trip to the junkyard! I usually drive 200 miles on junkyard day and hit the whole chain of U pull it yards we have that have almost nothing but 10-30 year old cars in them. Occasionally you get something as far back as the 1940's and even Studebakers are not unheard of. I have a much harder time finding parts for my 1998 Nissan Frontier daily driver than my 1985 Cutlass project car where I live-especially at prices I am willing to pay. Remind me never to live where you live!

haha yeah ive been down there before i was in gainesville for a few days you guys have all kidns of older stuff running around down there its crazy,

my dad and brother live down there too

i plan on pulling the mint dash and maybe a couple other parts and hauling this cutlass to the shredder here pretty soon like in a few days hopefully 😀

is the dash the same as 2 door ones ?

its absolutely mint brand new shape

i cant even get anyone to trade me an old gm truck needing work for this car

its crazy

so i guess theres no point in letting it live

undesireable cars

thought someone would want the spotless frame at least

hmm

thanks!

i need to know what parts are the same on this car as on 2 door models

the mint shape bumpers ?

the mint shape dash ?

pass side fender ?

anything else ?

what should i pull from this car that may be desireable some day - that i can stash away for a while ?

after thinking i think i am going to pull the steering box and column, centerlink, front arms and spindles and all that, some of it i will use on the 82 trans am such as the springs and rotors and calipers and such

alternator and radiator,

the power steering pump

the dash

front seat to put in the 85 F250 pickup since it is real nice and the truck one is shot

the driveshaft for my driveshafts stash

i probably wont get to pull half of these parts though, probably just the dash and alternator and seat and thats about it

thanks for any info

DO NOT SHRED THAT CAR MAN!!!!!!! Go on oldspower.com and post it for sale. Set it "cheap" and it'll sell in a couple weeks for sure. That's a nice car and your in Ilonios, where many of the members are from.

KEEP THAT CAR!

I say a mild big-block with a cam and decent heads and make it a street-stompin' sleeper!

It's a g-body underneath, all the go-fast goodies will bolt up and work great...just more emergency exits!

...it's funny..I had a '78 Grand Prix that I ripped the 301 out of and dumped in a '73 400 out of a T/A...great car, but ugly as sin! The car was scrapped long ago, but I still have the 3.08 Limited slip rear!

I would definitely try to sell it online before junking it! What are you looking to get for it if you sold it? Post it for sale here and on Craigslist and anywhere else that has free advertising--someone will want it.

if I only lived close enough. I had an 81 Cutlass 4 dr (my first car). 231 V6, auto, a/c. The memories in that car. If I ever find one cheap enough...

oops.

ribbet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor