• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapper442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2016
South Jersey
The BluePig has finally made its way to the great and powerful trans wizard, for some transmission sorcery. Trans guy Lou who has loads of experience building 200r4's for high power Grand Nationals, is going to do me up right with a rebuild and upgrade that should handle between 350-400 hp/tq. While nothing crazy like some of the other 200r4s he's done it is more than enough for what I have planned for the BluePig and the price is right.

Reactions: 2 users

Dapper442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2016
South Jersey
The Blue Pig lives again. Back from the trans wizard it had a full rebuild including 2500 Converter, Superior Shift Kit, Superior Super Servo, new pump, and a performance master kit. Runs good and shifts hard, maybe a little too hard, but gonna give it some time to break in, if its still a bit too hard after the break time my trans guy said I can just bring it back and he'd change out the one valve and could lighten it up a bit. So happy to have it back on the road. Up next will be a new starter motor (current one has a dead spot), finally replace the tie rods (Moog full set), Spark Plugs and Wires, fix the trunk leak that recently started (luckly know the source), and retry my attempt at sanding/priming/painting rough sections.

Reactions: 1 users

Dapper442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2016
South Jersey
Time for a new status update. The starter motor, plugs, and wires were all replaced last month. The past three weeks have been spent making the repairs on the trunk. First was a heavy cleaning and then a sanding of the seem that was leaking by the top right side of the trunk seal. Then I sprayed the perimeter of the trunk including the leaking seem with rust inhibiting satin black paint. Once that dried I filled the leaky seem as well as the non-leaky seem on the left side with 3M drip check seem sealer. Once that set for a full 48 hours I replaced the trunk seal (weatherstrip). Then I applied Rust-Oleum roll on bed liner in the trunk. Two weeks later he we are, and I just applied the final coat of roll on bed liner. Once that cures all that is left to due is a little spray on bed liner in the spots I couldn't roll on, and a final coat of paint around the perimeter of the trunk covering up the seem sealer. So nice to have a leak free trunk again, cant wait to put on the final touches.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 154
Reactions: 2 users

Dapper442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2016
South Jersey
Finally got around to restripping and respraying the roof. Came out much better this time.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 157
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor