The Bronze Brick a Very Unusual 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
It's got to be hard to have some mouth breathing sales goon fondle your ride. You are a better man that I am Bob. Best wishes to you.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Opie, Clutch, Turbo & all; "mouth breathing sales goon" I haven't heard that one before & I've been around a long time! These sales guys are like a cross between a real estate agent, a car salesman & a auctioneer. And I got to add they have a dream job. I knew back in the early 2000's that my days were numbered as owner of this unusual automobile. As my good job disappeared, I was 54. And in 2008 the sh_tty job ended, I was 62 & just gave up. That's when I started advertising it, but couldn't stop the Affliction of constance improvements. During the trip of life we make tough decisions. 1965 I was 18, received my draft papers & I didn't want to kill people or be killed so I joined the Air Force, 4 years instead of 2. Then or course I had to sell my 63 Vette, payments were too much for military pay. The recession of 71 I had to sell my Be Loved 68 Camaro L78 & tried to buy it back 3 times. Then marriage, kid both life changing decisions. Houses?? That will be the next very hard decision, I love my hobby shop! Hope to put that off for 5 or 10 more years? Then we come to the Bronze Brick, over 9 years of procrastination & Bunch More FUN. I got to get a copy of that video & now wish I had someone shoot a video with sound (I miss the sound a LOT) at the Auto-X & or the drag strip. Don't feel bad for me I still have my ole' work car & will maybe (?) have a few bucks to Enhance it a bit. I'll start a new post & you guys can weigh in with suggestions. Thanks for all the kind words & thoughts, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• 1955 1st Chevy.jpg
    1955 1st Chevy.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 1963 Corvette.jpg
    1963 Corvette.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 1970 Rob Jr 68 Camaro -Rob.jpg
    1970 Rob Jr 68 Camaro -Rob.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 234
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings Opie, Clutch, Turbo & all; "mouth breathing sales goon" I haven't heard that one before & I've been around a long time! These sales guys are like a cross between a real estate agent, a car salesman & a auctioneer. And I got to add they have a dream job. I knew back in the early 2000's that my days were numbered as owner of this unusual automobile. As my good job disappeared, I was 54. And in 2008 the sh_tty job ended, I was 62 & just gave up. That's when I started advertising it, but couldn't stop the Affliction of constance improvements. During the trip of life we make tough decisions. 1965 I was 18, received my draft papers & I didn't want to kill people or be killed so I joined the Air Force, 4 years instead of 2. Then or course I had to sell my 63 Vette, payments were too much for military pay. The recession of 71 I had to sell my Be Loved 68 Camaro L78 & tried to buy it back 3 times. Then marriage, kid both life changing decisions. Houses?? That will be the next very hard decision, I love my hobby shop! Hope to put that off for 5 or 10 more years? Then we come to the Bronze Brick, over 9 years of procrastination & Bunch More FUN. I got to get a copy of that video & now wish I had someone shoot a video with sound (I miss the sound a LOT) at the Auto-X & or the drag strip. Don't feel bad for me I still have my ole' work car & will maybe (?) have a few bucks to Enhance it a bit. I'll start a new post & you guys can weigh in with suggestions. Thanks for all the kind words & thoughts, Ole' Bob.
You had some bad azz cars Bob! Reading this it reminds me of the older guys I learned from when I was a kid. I all ways loved the stories and vast knowledge that came from talking to them and wish that I still had some around here now. I think that's why I like this site so much I can't. Get physical help here but the advice even if I read it from someone else's thread is invaluable to me. Love the 55 by the way my uncle had a 57 he street raced with a dual quad 409 James in it. It burned on main stStre in Paterson NJ in the 60s. Chin up bud you'll make good memories in the work car

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Clutch & all; Ah the 60's, what a time to grow up. A lot less people & nearly the same amount of roads. It just seems to me that their was a lot more street racin' back then?? Anyway I just want to up date you guys on a future Can Of Worms, Ok maybe a Bucket Of Snakes? The extra stuff, if the new owner doesn't take it ALL. What will I do with it?? Gate Way doesn't necessarily introduce the new owner to the old owner? But My intentions are to include all the OE stuff no additional charge. Then offer the Non OE stuff at modest (Half?) price? But their is nothing stopping me from selling this Non OE stuff? Or really the even the OE stuff, I don't have to include it. Gate Way didn't even like the three manuals, bag of stuff (aux light covers, wheel lock key, spare rotor, 2 push rods) & tool set I included. So what I'm sayin' is if any of ya have a need for a truck load of OE stuff I might consider selling it all at once for a modest price. That would include most everything but the Holley stuff. You ask what have I got. Well it is easer to mention what I don't have, the long block, front seat, 7.5 diff & the exhaust from the converter back including the muffler. I'll do a list in the future of 80%? I got so many boxes I've forgot what's in some of them, but I'm starting a list. I even got most of the OE fasteners! Take Care Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 268

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
You'll be fine Bob. Its a little hard up front and maybe just after it leaves, but I just sold my 70 Chevelle race car I had for 26 years. After it left, there was a bit of relief. I was using it less and less, and it was just getting too ridiculous to maintain it anymore. A pair of slicks is $750 for it. Yeah I look at pictures of it and realize its gone, but I know what I accomplished with it. It will always be your car no matter who owns it. The new owner can't take your details out of it. But I have the 80 Malibu now, and I find myself really not wanting to get back into it. I find myself losing interest fast when I go to work on it. There are just other things in life I want to try to enjoy instead of working on a car all the time.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings Clutch & all; Ah the 60's, what a time to grow up. A lot less people & nearly the same amount of roads. It just seems to me that their was a lot more street racin' back then?? Anyway I just want to up date you guys on a future Can Of Worms, Ok maybe a Bucket Of Snakes? The extra stuff, if the new owner doesn't take it ALL. What will I do with it?? Gate Way doesn't necessarily introduce the new owner to the old owner? But My intentions are to include all the OE stuff no additional charge. Then offer the Non OE stuff at modest (Half?) price? But their is nothing stopping me from selling this Non OE stuff? Or really the even the OE stuff, I don't have to include it. Gate Way didn't even like the three manuals, bag of stuff (aux light covers, wheel lock key, spare rotor, 2 push rods) & tool set I included. So what I'm sayin' is if any of ya have a need for a truck load of OE stuff I might consider selling it all at once for a modest price. That would include most everything but the Holley stuff. You ask what have I got. Well it is easer to mention what I don't have, the long block, front seat, 7.5 diff & the exhaust from the converter back including the muffler. I'll do a list in the future of 80%? I got so many boxes I've forgot what's in some of them, but I'm starting a list. I even got most of the OE fasteners! Take Care Ole' Bob.
Bob I get those old feelings every day
warming it up for work it's not even in the same ball park as your cars but it brings a smile to my face and some other people
IMG_20180414_184237.jpg
I get it and so does everyone else on this site. I'm shore some of those leftover parts could help out a few guys on here

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Well the ole' brain has been in Khaos the last few weeks. Now making mental plans to go get the Bronze brick back. The Gate Way experience has been less (not as) than I excepted? But of course the car & the owner may be some what unusual?? So that limits potential buyers. And it's of course Not an SS, it's damn ole' cop car! As few "G" cars fall into the factory super car category. Note I didn't capitalize the word super! I do SO miss the sound & ITR (Instant Throttle Response). Electric Go pedals suck, even with custom tune! I gotta patt myself on the back, when I took the salesman for a ride I did a Full On from a roll (remember MT DOT's) & it spun the tires about 20 feet with instance no hesitation GO! I asked him if he had ever been in a carbureted car that had No bog? He had not? He was a new salesman & maybe he hadn't been around hot rods before only so called mussel cars from the past?
I had the GuTOo out yesterday, went back to my childhood home town visited the grave yard & some old friends. And was thinking how much I would of preferred the driving the Bronze Brick. About a 30 miles round trip, now had I gone 500 miles then I had the right car out in the sun. Anyway closing in on 60 days at Gate Way now so the next 35 days will be very interesting as I go though brain bashing of not knowing if I get it back or it will be gone!
Oh on a side note I joined FB & I'm over whelmed. Give me a couple of years & I'll figure out how it works.
Take care guys & thanks for being my friend, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor