The Cheap b*st*rd - fuel line size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Ok, so as mentioned in this thread, I went and bought a cheap beater-toy-project-whatever..... a 1978 Buick LeSabre with 301 2-bbl.

I suspect from the stains I'm seeing that the rubber hose that goes from the fuel tank to the fuel line that runs up to the front of the car and eventually meets the fuel pump is probably damaged or there's a little bit of leak-back. Might also explain why it's so dang hard to start the thing. I believe at idle, it sucks in a little air from the hose, enough to make it idle roughly.

Anyway, I figure it couldn't hurt to at least replace that rubber line - but what size is it? I don't want to take it off the car to bring to the parts store as a sample, because there's enough fuel in the tank that it would be exceptionally messy and probably get me in trouble - not to mention that gas ain't cheap anymore!

So, uh, anyone know what ID size fuel line I need on this?

Thanks in advance.

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Cool, thanks! (and damn, that was quick!)

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Ugh, just discovered that there are THREE fuel lines running out of the thing . . . . and one of them APPEARS to be a different size. DAMMIT!

Ah well, have to drive it a bit and use up some of the gas before dropping the tank and replacing those hoses.

woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
supply and return---vent--- are 5/16,,the other is 3/8 and is for the charcoal canister,,, 8)

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
CGimbel said:
pontiacgp said:

I'm just going to bite my tongue.

I'm going to tentatively ask why tongue-biting is needed . . . but am I going to be afraid of the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor