THE ENGINE BAY PICTURE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Im still fairly new here, but in some of the other forums ive been on, there used to be an "ENGINE BAY THREAD". So im starting one and hoping it becomes a sticky.

Please post pix of your engine bay's and show them off. Its rare to have a GM platform since the A-bodies that had so many engines offered in the same platform.

I think every car guy tries at some point to declutter their engine bay and clean things up, and this thread would help with that I think. I like sharing neat ideas too, so if you have a cool way you installed something or a neat place to put that trick aftermarket part under the hood, tell us about it and show it off. In one of the other forums, someone had an engine bay with NO VISIBLE WIRES OR HOSES. It was kinda hard to imagine but there it was in a pic, I stared at that pic alot and got many ideas from it.

So with that said, PLEASE SHOW OFF YOUR ENGINE BAYS!

Just 1 Rule:
1) Please post the picture to the forum, so remote weblinks dont become inactive like every other picture thread on the net. Thank you.

Ill start it off. Its a 1984 Buick Regal with "a buick 350" :lol: :mrgreen: <--but not really. :wink: I didnt build the car, but am rebuilding the engine now. It will be much cleaner when I reinstall it.

Attachments

• IMG_1470.JPG
    IMG_1470.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 9,107

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
There is a guy on here, I forgot his name, but he has the cleanest bay in his malibu that ive ever seen. Mabye someone will chime in with his screen name and you can check it out. Its a blue-ish malibu, with classic rallye rims, and a slight lift in the back. Sorry I dont have a pic. to post myself, but here is a visual....my left fender is on the left side of my garage, right fender leaning up against a shelf, bumper against the wall, and hood non-existant...yet.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Heres my 305 i have cleaned up and chromed out, was in my 1980 el camino..she won alot of trophys..and I MISS HER..sold last yr..enjoy da pics :)

d2a26b4b.jpg

8692b9a8.jpg

9221436d.jpg

224f581b.jpg

a23a7388.jpg

d10574c7.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I like the idea of this thread. I'm getting ready to "restify" my engine bay in the next couple weeks. Just sent my new valve covers to the powder coater last week. Since I'm not done yet, I'd like to just reserve this spot. I know its lame to not post pics in a picture thread but it makes it easier for me to find later if I actually post something :lol: . Well, here's the before shots at least. I'll come back and edit with some after pics when I'm done.
Bone stock 305 in my '79 Cutlass
024.jpg

023-1.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Heres my old dusty 400. I havent had a chance to get a good pic of the GN steering box and jeep stering shaft though
enginebay1.jpg

dressupkit-2.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Not done yet but here it is
IMAG0292-1.jpg

IMAG0293-1.jpg

IMAG0295-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
DAMN! Everyone has some really nice stuff. I think we all see th value in this. I can see countless items in every single pic where I say ooooooooooooooooh! I never thought of doing it that way.

Keep em coming guys.

I see no one has posted to the forum though. I hope the links stay active for a while..... :roll:

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
In it's present state....for now.

Attachments

• 100_1712.jpg
    100_1712.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 11,355
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor