The Evil Regal ~ 1978 Buick Regal (NO 56k!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_Regal

Apprentice
Sep 25, 2006
Philly, PA
mebe007 said:
great job. whats with having two hood pop springs mounted like that, is it because of the glass hood? man that intake is shiny. what brought on the switch, more streetablility or just trying something new?

Those hood pop springs are made for fiberglass hoods, and are not very strong, one didn't seem to work that well with my hood so I put on two and it pops up nicely now. I got them from Unlimited products (part #301).

The intake is freaking sweet. I bought it for my cousin's 78 corvette that he had but he sold the car without using it and he was moving so I had it sitting in my garage storing it for him. Well he came over last night and said hey lets just put it on your car so we did. I am going to a car show this weekend and that intake looks much nicer. I also have the Performer RPM cam in my engine so it will be a nice match and I'll get more power down low where the car mostly stays at anyways. So win-win for this upgrade, should be more streetable. I always have the victor jr for the future, though I think I will get it powdercoated.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
i have the performer rpm cam as well as the standard rpm manifold. i got frustrated with how it was staining and decided to paint it while it was out of the car.figured it would clean up easier that way. i havent had a chance to drive her though so i have no clue how the cam and intake will be for me. im running a 650 speed demon vac secondary.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
so how did it feel with the air gap vs the old intake? looking good as usual

btw didnt you used to run a demon carb?

Evil_Regal

Apprentice
Sep 25, 2006
Philly, PA
mebe007 said:
so how did it feel with the air gap vs the old intake? looking good as usual

btw didnt you used to run a demon carb?
Thanks man. The air gap feels great, the car hasn't run better. That victor jr was def too much for this setup but came with the engine when I got it way back when. I still have the Demon it was giving me some trouble after I rebuilt it so I gotta go over it again and see what's up. Could have a blown power valve or something...we'll see. For now the holley is working fine. Now I have to re adjust the valves, it seems one of the rockers has come a bit loose.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
what demon was it that you were running? it seems they get mixed feelings. my speed demon 650 ran very rich but when i put the pcv back on it got better and i was able to do a proper tune. but sitting while i was away for a year she has since gotten all sorts of nasty and its time to rebuild. anything to take note of?

Evil_Regal

Apprentice
Sep 25, 2006
Philly, PA
mebe007 said:
what demon was it that you were running? it seems they get mixed feelings. my speed demon 650 ran very rich but when i put the pcv back on it got better and i was able to do a proper tune. but sitting while i was away for a year she has since gotten all sorts of nasty and its time to rebuild. anything to take note of?
Speed demon 750 mechanical secondaries, it was one of the earlier versions that I have had for a long time. Always worked great for me but it def needed a rebuild, just gotta go over it again. Nothing special to note on rebuilding it, basically the same as a holley.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
any clue which performs better the mech or vac secondaries? mine just happens to be the vac sec. i may want to try me a 750 though once i get new heads

79 drag car

Greasemonkey
Jul 6, 2011
pennsylvania
evil regel

did you by any chance used to live in upper darby because i used to see that car parked on arlington or carol

79 drag car

Greasemonkey
Jul 6, 2011
pennsylvania
79 drag car said:
evil regel

did you by any chance used to live in upper darby because i used to see that car parked on arlington or carol
accidently spelled regal wrong :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor