The Evil Regal ~ 1978 Buick Regal (NO 56k!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_Regal

Apprentice
Sep 25, 2006
Philly, PA
Here she is... Needs paint :)
evilregal640.jpg

interiorguage3.jpg

fuelcell.jpg

newsusp1.jpg

newsusp2.jpg

motordrrt640.jpg

ladderbar2.jpg

Evil_Regal

Apprentice
Sep 25, 2006
Philly, PA
Its just got a lil pump gas 355 n/a sbc nothing too wild,small cam, iron heads. I drove the car every day for 4 years or so till I moved to the city and dont need to drive that much anymore. Once I get the front suspension finished and some other things I'll put a real motor in it. For now though it will run a high 12 and cruise all day long. Its a lil harsh though cruising on the highway with 4.10's and a TH400 since no OD. I actually havent been doing much with it in the last year or 2 other than the ladder bars. Im lookin to start workin on it again in the near future. I would be a much more effective sleeper if it didnt have 3" exhaust :twisted: I'll hopefully get some paint on her this winter.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
ok so what are you wheel and tire specs on the rear cuz im trying to figure out what sizes i can squeeze in the back of my 80 regal to get it to hook up better

KevinB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
Looks good!

mebe007 said:
ok so what are you wheel and tire specs on the rear cuz im trying to figure out what sizes i can squeeze in the back of my 80 regal to get it to hook up better

With the stock rear (no notching, no rolling of the fender well) I was able to get a 8.5" wheel with a 4.5" backspacing and a 28"x10.5"x15" m/t et drag with no problems. Usually people run 4" to 4.5" bs.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Do you have to modify the interior to run ladder bars like that? Like do you lose the back seat or anything? What brand are they? Did they help you et's/traction?

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
hey man what size tires and rims are you running

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor