The Generic Car Show & Cruise Thread (2024 Edition)

lotta nice stuff there, love those old Javelins. and, wth, is that a hardtop convertible Impala? and the rear windshield stays up?

1723760683558.png

Wonder how well the spoiler is held on? I really liked the roof spoiler I had on the GTO, but it checked out of the chat at triple digits. Luckily my buddy in his Lambo was far enough behind me to avoid it when it came off, told him thats what he gets for making me lead
If you look close it looks like it might be bolted with a plastic snap on cover over the head.

I gotta say that early Chevy at the FD show brings back memories. When I was a senior in HS (1972) I had a 50 Chevy. Bought it off a guy that graduated a year ahead of me. It was cleaned up and painted by another local guy that graduated in '69. Lets just say the car was 'well known" around the area. Maybe it was the shade of orange. LOL
Everyone in the school called it the Pumpkin. 6cyl, 3 spd on the column. It was a fun car to cruise around with. Back then there were no DWI laws. Knew all the local cops. Small town. I bet more Bud went into that car than gas. LMAO
I drove it until it developed a rod knock. Got a new babbitted rod from JC Whitney. Friend of my father installed it. It only lasted a month or so. My next car was a '68 Chevelle with a 396 and a 4spd. Those were the days !!!!

1723765667691.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor