the green g body thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
Mine is 79 Med Green Metallic. Its kinda crappy and faded, but if you at the inside of the tailgate pic you can see what it used to look like.
P4160036.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

rustedandweathered

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2012
thanks guys for the responses cant wait to see more :D 79wagonator that is def a sweet shade of OD metallic 8) very much the shade i'm lookin for and very unique for a malibu wagon i'd say,pretty sure i've never seen one that color before. any chance you could pass along the color code? and please tell us you plan to keep it!? dude if i find a wagon i'll be tickled...if i find a wagon THAT color i will be grinnin like a ****in idiot for weeks lol. my buick sedan was a dark forest kinda green that i didnt mind too much.

Attachments

• 33378654128_large.jpg
    33378654128_large.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • custom_81_malibu_sedan_deliverythe_ryott_rod008.jpg
    custom_81_malibu_sedan_deliverythe_ryott_rod008.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 1,354
  • Chevy Monte Carlo 75-76 lowrider_candy lime.jpg
    Chevy Monte Carlo 75-76 lowrider_candy lime.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 2,004

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
I have the build sheet here VV
79BuBuildsheet_zpsa9f23134.jpg

I think the code is 44 from what i see.
It was resprayed the original color at one point and its kinda shot now and some rust holes that gotta be fixed sooo..
We're probably gonna just spray it satin black for now and work on the drivetrain and suspension first.
Seems alotta people on the forums like the green for some reason :? Not your typical hot rod color I guess
go figure?? I guess if was shiny like the 2 door a few posts up there it would look cool.
My 14yr old son and I are working on it (not lately though) and he hates the green so we'll see what happens..

Ok that pic came out HUGE

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
My g body I once owned..

Attachments

• 100_2705.JPG
    100_2705.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 822

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
^^I've always liked that shade^^. Since there's been some non-Gs posted, here's one my brother owned/painted. The color is called Avocado Green Poly. Had just the right amount of metallic to really pop in the sun. It's hard to tell in the photo because it was such a cloudy day. He got compliments on the paint EVERYWHERE he went.
OregonCanby2009099-1.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when I saw the title I though someone turned into a tree hugger.. :wtf:

I think this is my favorite and I didn't know they ever came with T-tops back in the early years...if not for the T-tops it would be identical to the UMI Green Monster

file.php

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
DRIVEN said:
^^I've always liked that shade^^. Since there's been some non-Gs posted, here's one my brother owned/painted. The color is called Avocado Green Poly. Had just the right amount of metallic to really pop in the sun. It's hard to tell in the photo because it was such a cloudy day. He got compliments on the paint EVERYWHERE he went.
OregonCanby2009099-1.jpg
why dont you sell me that truck.. man I love those and the ford courier really bad..

war

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Sorry, too late. He sold it a couple years ago. They're still pretty common in my part of the country though. He got it for a case of beer. Here's how it started:
DYLANDATSUN521196.jpg

Sorry for the tangent. Back to green cars.

rustedandweathered

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2012
sweet *ss ride PGLM! a grand lemans...love those, and its a bitchn od metallic green! hell yeah :bump: shade that color name/code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor