The "I'm Obsessive With Lawn Tractors" Thread

I made sure to do the right thing about two weeks ago after some new decals and add a stack as any tractor geek should
1000002178.jpg

Got the belt replaced but saw the one idler pulley is angled slightly so a spring project of straightening the mount & possible welding it so it won't do it again. Didn't see any cracks but I suspect some to be there. Also impressed Jr. by picking up the rear of it to place it on & off the jack stands to move the deck. It's a Troy Built Pony but not bad for a not quite in shape near 50 year old guy.

This is right up joesregalproject 's alley, but, as part of the recovery efforts the cub 2155 took a beating from Helene. I'm going to throw it in the insurance claim, but, not sure where to point an adjuster on it value-wise and how hard to push.

I know they aren't going to pay much on it, but, you can't buy much for cheap these days so....

Reactions: Ugly1
1728868573643.png

still rocking the old fleet, with treliable of the bunch...he same old problems.... the old unknown brand still seems to be the most reliable of the bunch, and am thinking about retiring it from service, or at least stripping it down for new paint and cleanup... 8 hp horizontal shaft driving gearbox and shaft driven blades... then one night stumbling bored through youtube, I came across this...

anyone else into this stuff? not interested in competetive stuff, but something just for fun...

• Haha
Reactions: liquidh8 and Ugly1
Check the date on the Video release; that was done back in 2017! No roll bars, no safety stuff. Not saying that it couldn't be done but that unit looks to be a Ford Industrial tractor of some kind. Gotta wonder what was done to the drivetrain and suspension to get them to live while dealing with a bog. There is a Motor Trend show that tracks mud bog racing and the competitors there are running tube buggies adapted for mud work. This might be a great grand forefather of what is now being raced but, and like last generation GN race cars, most museum pieces and no longer competitive unless they have some kind of vintage and antique class for fossils.

Nick

I have an old tractor I started to hop up, pullies, tires, etc. it was something to kill the time on weekends drinking with the buddies, never finished though, it is sitting back in tent city. Maybe one day!

Reactions: Rktpwrd and Ugly1

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor