BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Plan your material usage carefully kids, it don’t get much closer than this!

View attachment 199315

View attachment 199314

View attachment 199316

Just barely had enough material for both sides.
2 days work, from concept to reality.

View attachment 199317

View attachment 199318

Ooofa!!!

View attachment 199319

View attachment 199320

View attachment 199321

Not too bad at all for the very first trial fit with absolutely zero tweaking. I’ll take it. Looks like the time spent refining the template over and over paid off!!!
Fing amazing man! Love it! you got the skills to pay the bills!

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Dave Chappelle Reaction GIF

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Came out great, Donovan, very nice work!

Amazing work 👏 per usual. Lol 😆

Cake spatulas work really well for tooling seam sealer. There’s also certain degreasers that give a little bit of lubricity to your skin and allow you to smooth the tape edge before the seam sealer dries all the way.
Seam sealing is one of the things I miss about my old job in a collision shop. My buddy and I would always try and outdo each other to duplicate the factory jobs. So many guys do it so poorly, and it gives away the fact that the vehicle was repaired.
Love the look of the back panel and the revised floor.

Fing amazing man! Love it! you got the skills to pay the bills!

Great job D!

Nailed it! Full send!

Thanks guys!

So far this is the biggest and most complex panel I’ve attempted to make to date. The panel itself isn’t really all that complicated, but add in all the bead rolling and the specific order in which the bends need to be made, and it can become a little daunting.

Im just glad it turned out well, I’ve got my fingers crossed that I’m able to use the same template for the other side and that things go as smoothly.

Looks great! Not too busy but enough to really catch the eye

Thanks Josh, but I should use this opportunity to remind everyone that absolutely none of the floor details will be visible once done. The car will be getting a full interior and carpeting along with underlay and sound deadening, just like any other. The effort that’s going into the fabrication here is more for function than form.

The bead roll lines are there to add strength and structure to the floor pans, the design is merely to look like it was intended to be that way. Which it is/was. While these details may not be visible from inside the car once it’s done, if anyone should care to look underneath or have to remove the carpet for any reason, they won’t be disappointed.

Thanks for all the compliments and encouragement guys.

D.

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 12 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey gents, back with another post, but this one is going to be a bit different and to relay some not so good news.

Friday was an interesting day, I ended up calling into work because I had a rough night with no sleep. Since I was home, I was able to receive my FedEx shipments, the long awaited one from Summit Racing, and one from O. D. Showtime. Kevin hooked me up with a nice set of the thick fender to core support bars and a GP bar so I have a full set for each car.

The Summit order didn’t disappoint either, the McLeod RST Twin Disc Clutch and hydraulic throwout bearing both look like really nice quality pieces.

But instead of being able to celebrate and play with the new toys, last night I found myself sitting in Urgent Care for 4 hours.

A week and a half ago, I had managed to injure my knee kneeling at a job site and it had gotten infected. The infection started out as a small spot just below my kneecap, about the size of a quarter. By Friday of last week, it was red, hard, hot and painful and had come to a head much like a blister. I opened the blister and got a bunch of pus and crap out of it, but 2 days later it was right back to where it was on the Friday.

This Wednesday, I got in to see my family physician, and he gave me some antibiotics to treat it with. By this time the abscess had grown to the size of a golf ball. Last night, things were really starting to spiral out of control. The swelling was massive and the lump was now close to the size of a baseball.

The better half persuaded me to go to urgent care to have it looked at again, and possibly see if it could be aspirated and drained. The urgent care doc tried his best to freeze and drain it, but got absolutely nothing out of it.

This is when things got serious. Rather than discharge me, they instead gave me 2 oral antibiotics immediately, then inserted an IV and gave me more antibiotics directly into my bloodstream through the IV. They’re concerned about the possibility of septicaemia, and even the possibility of sepsis in the joint. Urgent care sent me home for the night with the IV stent still inserted and taped to the back of my hand.

Today, I had to take a call from the HPTP clinic and go in to the hospital for further evaluation and tests. It was determined that I have an infection in the bursar of my knee which is potentially very serious. So now I’m on doctor’s mandated orders, no work for at least a week, stay off my feet, and keep it elevated and iced.

The IV antibiotics are now being administered 24 hours a day, for AT LEAST the next 4 days. I go back to the hospital for reevaluation on Wednesday. So now I have this lovely little man-purse that has the IV antibiotics and pump in it that has to be hooked up to me 24 hours a day.

So yeah, there we have it. Ole Rktpwrd is going to be off work and off The Juggernaut for the next couple of weeks at the minimum. It’s amazing how fast it went from being a minor little annoyance to a full scale serious issue.

The pictures don’t convey the scale of the swelling or the pain obviously, but everyone that sees it in person says my one leg looks like a damn tree trunk in comparison to the other.

002FFB3F-3DFF-4BBD-9413-A5946D7142AC.jpeg

E7BB1D24-8758-4C13-888D-20C7E938A6A6.jpeg

6D34D9D1-0C5C-483D-9C7B-3E442FA0B10B.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Hang tough brother. Lots of little things get in our way but your health is not to be taken lightly. Listen to the docs and take it easy. I've been there too many times to remember.

Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
sorry to hear it, it's tough(especially this time of year)to kick back and watch the grass grow under your feet but stuff certainly does escalate.take it easy mr.this little hiatus will fuel your return to the garage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor