BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I assumed all the tanks were like the Holley (Tanks) with fill neck separate from tank and a rubber hose to connect which gives you room to maneuver it in correct placement.

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Hope it doesn't move too much! I don't know if its a good thing that is moves so freely. hope it took some effort!

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Coming home from work today was better than Christmas morning!

The (late) Holley rollover vent valve arrived today…

28842285-5BE4-4565-BC21-897267AABBFD.jpeg

…as did the 10’ of -6 AN hose I ordered for the 2 vents I plan on making:

EB29313C-F992-4546-97CB-8C30C05ABA98.jpeg

The K&N breather that I’m going to connect to the factory pickup vent is on the way, and should arrive tomorrow.

080C1F83-C1F4-4877-B808-646D681C7C90.jpeg

But the absolute icing on the cake, was the email notification I got from Summit Racing. After a full 2 month wait, my aluminum Edelbrock cylinder heads have shipped!!
😍😍😍

AD97E257-D70F-4C8E-A7B4-E66D2A3E338B.png

They should be here this Thursday, so incredibly stoked to finally get a set!

Also, I’ve been in contact with Turna about the Sick Speed Monte clutch pedal bracket, I should probably say hi to all you mongrels from him.
😎

• Winner
Reactions: 18 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Now I see what you mean about the fuel hose clamp/separators Donovan. Nice stuff! Way better than the zip ties.

Thanks Jeff. The brand name is Made for You, and they’re nylon, abrasion resistant, and UV stable. Plus, the way they work, when tightened down they clamp the hose or line preventing movement. They’re the same ones I’ve used throughout so far on all the lines: brake, air, fuel, battery cable etc, so they all match.

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
How do you plan to approach your bump steer?

Years ago after a spindle swap on my 84 I quickly noticed a quirky shift of the front end in large dips. Since I have unlimited use of an alignment rack I decided to set it up to see the actual movement of toe change. The toe change I seen on the computer screen pretty much confirmed what I felt on the road. Several hrs of removing and reinstalling the drag link and lowering the inner tie rod in increments I found the point where front end lift turned from toe in to toe out. Close to that the point toe change from slight front end lift to slight compression was lowest I was able to achieve. I then welded the inner mount solid onto the drag link. The quirky front was gone.

Forgot to mention I have the unpopular b-body spindles. Actually I used 11in b-body for a few yrs but switched over the similar 12in astro van spindles.

70BB9632-484B-4F64-B9C7-BAE0CC29B0E0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Also, I’ve been in contact with Turna about the Sick Speed Monte clutch pedal bracket, I should probably say hi to all you mongrels from him.
😎
Say hi back! Miss him around here, along with a handful of others.....;)

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Years ago after a spindle swap on my 84 I quickly noticed a quirky shift of the front end in large dips. Since I have unlimited use of an alignment rack I decided to set it up to see the actual movement of toe change. The toe change I seen on the computer screen pretty much confirmed what I felt on the road. Several hrs of removing and reinstalling the drag link and lowering the inner tie rod in increments I found the point where front end lift turned from toe in to toe out. Close to that the point toe change from slight front end lift to slight compression was lowest I was able to achieve. I then welded the inner mount solid onto the drag link. The quirky front was gone.

Forgot to mention I have the unpopular b-body spindles. Actually I used 11in b-body for a few yrs but switched over the similar 12in astro van spindles.

View attachment 215268

Excellent, thanks for the info. The picture is especially helpful as well, helps visualize what needs to happen with the center link in relation to the tie rod ends and drag link. Now I can see why the Howe piece is shaped like it is.

It may just be the picture angle, but it almost appears that your tie rod ends still seem to angle down towards the wheels slightly. I know that I’m going to have to shoot for them being as parallel as possible to have things optimized.

I’m using Camaro F body spindles which are the same as the 12” B body spindles, with Global West short upper CA’s and big 14” Wilwood disc brakes.

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor