The junkyard will provide

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The U-Pull & Pay outside of Pittsburgh has those special sales deals. Best is the $50 wheel barrel day & you see guys with a complete engine & transmission challenging the strenth of the wheel barrel.

There are not many U pull its in my area and they never seem to have any events. Most have an admission charge.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
That's a 1999-up 4L80E, probably only has the front Speed Sensor on it also. Rear one will be a plug.
Tag has a 2004 build date. It does have front and rear VSS (I thought all years had 2).

I pulled the pan yesterday.....fluid was pretty dark, has a decent amount of clutch material in it.....but nothing metallic and no large pieces of debris. Cut the filter open and wasn't too bad inside. Also did the compressed air checks.

I think I'm going to roll the dice and run it on a future project.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Tag has a 2004 build date. It does have front and rear VSS (I thought all years had 2).
Pull that rear one and see if you can see the teeth of the reluctor wheel. Very few came from the factory with the second sensor, most vehicles had the front one and the second one in the Differential, why I said that back one would be a plug.

Reactions: 1 user

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
None of the junkyards in my area do anything like that, never even heard of such an event before. Really seems like parts are cheaper in the Dakotas.
This is a once a year event....the remainder of the year, they are pretty stingy......as an example if you pull a motor... they will charge extra if you leave intake, injectors, water pump etc. attached to the block.....I've even had them charge extra for a wiring connector if I cut rather than unhook a sensor.

It's pretty common for yards in more populated areas to offer multiple events a year....half-off days, wheelbarrow/all you can carry...etc......but the next nearest yard is 3-4 hrs away.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
We have all u can carry days, 5 gallon bucket days for 10$, and 50% off days. There's a good deal 1x a month throughout peak junkyarding season.
This is a once a year event....the remainder of the year, they are pretty stingy......as an example if you pull a motor... they will charge extra if you leave intake, injectors, water pump etc. attached to the block.....I've even had them charge extra for a wiring connector if I cut rather than unhook a sensor.

It's pretty common for yards in more populated areas to offer multiple events a year....half-off days, wheelbarrow/all you can carry...etc......but the next nearest yard is 3-4 hrs away.
Thats messed up. They give us the engine price. That includes the pcm and harness too. The girls that ring us dont care. They just like being hit on 24/7. Tell her she's got beautiful eyes, and she'll ring it up as whatever u tell her lol.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Pull that rear one and see if you can see the teeth of the reluctor wheel. Very few came from the factory with the second sensor, most vehicles had the front one and the second one in the Differential, why I said that back one would be a plug.
Rear connector is pretty snug....I don't want to break the sensor.....the 3 other 2wd 4l80E's in my shop also have front and rear VSS's. I have a 4wd 4l80e with the rear plug (I believe the rear VSS is in the transfer case to account for 4LO).

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Thats messed up. They give us the engine price. That includes the pcm and harness too. The girls that ring us dont care. They just like being hit on 24/7. Tell her she's got beautiful eyes, and she'll ring it up as whatever u tell her lol.
LOL........for the most part.....it is that type of female that tends to be drawn to any autmotive occupation in general. Of course at the yards I've been to, the counter girls aren't exactly "easy on the eyes".....but I don't complain since they never question you when you slam your part up on the table and say this is a *insert name of cheapest part on the price list*.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
LOL........for the most part.....it is that type of female that tends to be drawn to any autmotive occupation in general. Of course at the yards I've been to, the counter girls aren't exactly "easy on the eyes".....but I don't complain since they never question you when you slam your part up on the table and say this is a *insert name of cheapest part on the price list*.
Truth. They're usually very.... homely.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Homely girls need love too.. not my thing but someone's. 🤣

Rear connector is pretty snug....I don't want to break the sensor.....the 3 other 2wd 4l80E's in my shop also have front and rear VSS's. I have a 4wd 4l80e with the rear plug (I believe the rear VSS is in the transfer case to account for 4LO).
1999-up is when that second sensor was not standard on them. Built a few and seen it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor