The junkyard will provide

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Rear connector is the vehicle speed sensor, the front one is the turbine speed sensor. They are not interchangeable in terms of functions.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Rear connector is the vehicle speed sensor, the front one is the turbine speed sensor. They are not interchangeable in terms of functions.
Correct. Technically the front is the ISS (input speed sensor)....because they are the same style sensor and out of shear laziness, I refer to them both as VSS.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Correct. Technically the front is the ISS (input speed sensor)....because they are the same style sensor and out of shear laziness, I refer to them both as VSS.
Both are the same sensors via part number, front is ISS on the turbine as mentioned, as well as the rear one if it's on the Transmission picking up the speed of the direct drum. If it's not there it's on the T case or rear diff, just depends on the vehicle. Both are picking up rotational speed and sending it back to the PCM. Nice thing about the 4L80E, them two together calculate slip for the torque management to chip in.

Little Wiring info here that I've done a few times..as well as the tune for them. Been a while but this extra here is the front one if I remember right.

4L80E WIRING CONVERSION.jpg

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
We have all u can carry days, 5 gallon bucket days for 10$, and 50% off days. There's a good deal 1x a month throughout peak junkyarding season.

Thats messed up. They give us the engine price. That includes the pcm and harness too. The girls that ring us dont care. They just like being hit on 24/7. Tell her she's got beautiful eyes, and she'll ring it up as whatever u tell her lol.

The yards near me all have older "I know what I got," type guys with halos of stale smoke working the counters.

• Haha

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
what pisses me off is the "core charge" they put on stuff! seriously? if it doesn't sell they're sending it to the metal shredder not the rebuilder! and if you don't return the core within 90 days, you don't get the money back. just another money grab.

Part Name......................Part Category........Part Price.......Core Price

AXLE ASSY TRK DISC...........AXLES..............$149.93...............$29.56
AXLE ASSY - CAR DISC........AXLES..............$89.61.................$23.09
AXLE ASSY 4X4 FRONT.......AXLES..............$150.58...............$35.10
AXLE ASSY CAR DRUM.......AXLES..............$79.45..................$23.09
AXLE ASSY IND.RR.SUSP....AXLES..............$109.01...............$35.10
AXLE ASSY TRK 8LUG+.......AXLES..............$149.65...............$39.72
AXLE ASSY TRK DRUM........AXLES..............$149.93...............$29.56

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
what pisses me off is the "core charge" they put on stuff! seriously? if it doesn't sell they're sending it to the metal shredder not the rebuilder! and if you don't return the core within 90 days, you don't get the money back. just another money grab.

Part Name......................Part Category........Part Price.......Core Price

AXLE ASSY TRK DISC...........AXLES..............$149.93...............$29.56
AXLE ASSY - CAR DISC........AXLES..............$89.61.................$23.09
AXLE ASSY 4X4 FRONT.......AXLES..............$150.58...............$35.10
AXLE ASSY CAR DRUM.......AXLES..............$79.45..................$23.09
AXLE ASSY IND.RR.SUSP....AXLES..............$109.01...............$35.10
AXLE ASSY TRK 8LUG+.......AXLES..............$149.65...............$39.72
AXLE ASSY TRK DRUM........AXLES..............$149.93...............$29.56
Those core charges are a scam - plain and simple. Just a way to nickel and dime the buyer.

Built6spdMCSS very nice explanation! I use the tailshaft speed and crankshaft speed in 3rd gear to calculate converter slip. The input shaft (front drum) speed is beneficial to cofirm that the transmission is still working as it t should be.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Those core charges are a scam - plain and simple. Just a way to nickel and dime the buyer.

Built6spdMCSS very nice explanation! I use the tailshaft speed and crankshaft speed in 3rd gear to calculate converter slip. The input shaft (front drum) speed is beneficial to cofirm that the transmission is still working as it t should be.
And how many of those "cores" go to a rebuilder? It's not like back in the day when most parts, to including brake shoes, were redone/rebuilt for resale at the local parts stores.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor