The Minty Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyfanaddict

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 8, 2014
Thanks everyone. I wasnt the smoothest road getting here but we got here. I cant really take any credit for the colors as that is the way she came from GM when she was born but it is a nice combo. The guy i had paint the car did a phenomenal job as you can see, very good painter and took the time to make sure it was straight and all the paneks and gaps were as good as they could get without too much extra work. I am very pleased with how it turned out and so far its looking like its "only" coming out at $12k which still leaves me about $3k of play money on the table. Unfortunately the wheels im looking at could suck that right up in a flash.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Fantastic paint color- question, what's your experience with the new suspension? I'm going to do similar and would like to hear your thoughts on ride quality, firmness, etc? Thanks

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Sweet paint, doubly satisfying that is was Good Hands reaching onto its own back pocket. What was the lawyer's cut?!? I'll need a referral if my 'irreplaceable' Malibu ever gets hit!

Chevyfanaddict

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 8, 2014
Fantastic paint color- question, what's your experience with the new suspension? I'm going to do similar and would like to hear your thoughts on ride quality, firmness, etc? Thanks

Well i havent installed any new suspension as of yet, its still all the original worn out stuff and right now it its loose as hell and wanders all over the road. Now what suspension are you referring to? The stock stuff referbished or tube arms and coil overs? I can't really speak on behalf of either right now anyway but i dont have any of the high end stuff yet, but all the new steering and springs and bushings are sitting in my garage waiting to go on and i will report back on that once its installed and aligned

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Great-looking forward to hearing your thoughts... Again, that old school color looks great!

79Hurst

Apprentice
Dec 19, 2014
Good Lord painting an overall on an old car is getting expensive, yikes. Nothing against what you spent to get it looking that fantastic, and it is worth it, but guess I have been out of touch with current labor/material costs. Looks very very nice though, money well spent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor