BUILD THREAD The Mullet Maurader, The Epic of the LS swapped Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great, but I can't understand why all that money and still an open bearing.

Does this kit work with the S10 spindels and sealed hub bearing?

Looking good!

Couldn't agree more about just getting it on the road. We have long Winters to take on other/future projects and refinements.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Looks great, but I can't understand why all that money and still an open bearing.

Does this kit work with the S10 spindels and sealed hub bearing?
I'm sure there is a S10 kit. I kinda like the idea of serviceable bearings myself.

Looking good!

Couldn't agree more about just getting it on the road. We have long Winters to take on other/future projects and refinements.
Exactly. As soon as the foundation is laid I can chip away on the other things I want to do.

Got a drain plug in the 9"? highly recommended!
You bet. I got all the bells and whistles, everything Quick Performance offered for the fabbed 9 housing. Buy once, cry one.

So front end suspension almost done. Missing a couple end links for the monster sway bar and someone FUBAR'd the P-side hub seal or the brakes in the front would be buttoned up....

Love the el'rusto original brake lines from the prop valve. Maybe later they will be replaced with stainless...

Either way, the progress so far. Might carry on after dinner with the underbody seal prep.... Really not looking forward to that.

20181218_175032.jpg
IMG_20181218_175524_754.jpg

That’s sure a different car than when I saw it last!
Looking forward to seeing it down on the ground with the new wheels and some sexy skins!

For the underbody cleaning with a pair of goggles and respirator mask under it . . . 🤣

1545185052727.png

• Clever
Reactions: motorheadmike
You know, I kid, but despite eye and respirator protection, you know how you will often get an involuntary reflex movement to the side when a bunch of crud falls in your face? Happened to me years ago and I got some crud so far in my ear that I had to go have it professionally removed. Short of the fencing mask, maybe goggles, respirator, and some good tunes through a pair of over ear headphones you don't mind getting dirty?

Reactions: Rktpwrd
You know, I kid, but despite eye and respirator protection, you know how you will often get an involuntary reflex movement to the side when a bunch of crud falls in your face? Happened to me years ago and I got some crud so far in my ear that I had to go have it professionally removed. Short of the fencing mask, maybe goggles, respirator, and some good tunes through a pair of over ear headphones you don't mind getting dirty?
I have a pretty swanky respirator from work, I'm the boss these days so I harp on the young guys about safety all day in a truely dangerous industry so I'm pretty responsible about it. it's just gonna be no fun, so I'm doing everything but the underbody. 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor